Police operation causes lengthy traffic delays in Ilford
A police operation which led to four arrests in Ilford this morning is believed to have caused lengthy delays for motorists.
Motorists experienced delays of up to an hour as they tried to get into Ilford on the North Circular (A406) route and in Ilford Hill.
Redbridge police confirmed this morning that a police operation in Ilford Lane had caused a traffic jam.
There were unconfirmed reports of a police van closing one lane of traffic.
One driver told the Recorder of a delay of 45 minutes to get from the A406 to the High Road.
You may also want to watch:
Redbridge police were unable to provide any further details regarding the arrests.
- 1 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 2 Newbury Park supermarket security staff step in to help man in crisis
- 3 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 4 Doctor struck off after working underqualified for locum shifts
- 5 Businesses find cannabis growing in their flower pots
- 6 Council dishes out £7k of fines in fly-tipping crackdown
- 7 Covid jabs available at town hall clinic
- 8 Fire at Ilford Lane shop was accidental, brigade says
- 9 Two arrests after alleged assault on teen in Newbury Park
- 10 Strike over Covid working dispute begins at Oaks Park High School