Police operation causes lengthy traffic delays in Ilford
A police operation which led to four arrests in Ilford this morning is believed to have caused lengthy delays for motorists.
Motorists experienced delays of up to an hour as they tried to get into Ilford on the North Circular (A406) route and in Ilford Hill.
Redbridge police confirmed this morning that a police operation in Ilford Lane had caused a traffic jam.
There were unconfirmed reports of a police van closing one lane of traffic.
One driver told the Recorder of a delay of 45 minutes to get from the A406 to the High Road.
You may also want to watch:
Redbridge police were unable to provide any further details regarding the arrests.
- 1 ‘Game-changing’ kebab chain to open Barkingside branch
- 2 South Woodford curry house named best in the nation
- 3 East London police officer charged with rape
- 4 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 5 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 6 More strike action planned in Newbury Park school dispute
- 7 Roof damaged in Seven Kings house fire
- 8 Opera star Jonathan Antoine to return to the stage ahead of US tour
- 9 Where to go for Italian food in Redbridge, according to TripAdvisor
- 10 Thirteen-year-old boy attacked in Ilford