Police officer pleads guilty to drink driving in Chigwell
- Credit: Archant
An off duty police officer has been banned from driving for 19 months after admitting to drink driving in Chigwell.
PC Mario Tavasoli, 32, attached to Royalty & Specialist Protection, blew just under two times the limit following the smash on Abridge Road.
He was off duty when he was spotted by Essex Police crashing into a kerb in his Toyota Yaris during the incident on August 27.
Pc Tavasoli was found with 62 microgrammes of alcohol per 100 millilitres of breath. The legal limit is 35 microgrammes.
He was subsequently charged and bailed to attend at North Essex Magistrates Court on October 4.
You may also want to watch:
Today he pleaded guilty to driving while under the influence of alcohol and was sentenced to a 19-month driving ban and fined a total of £592.
A Metropolitan Police spokesman said: “Now criminal matters have concluded, misconduct proceedings will be considered.
- 1 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 2 Murder probe launched after mother-of-two’s body found in Chadwell Heath
- 3 'No stone will be left unturned' to find killer of Maria Jane Rawlings
- 4 Election 2021: Live updates for London Assembly, Loxford and Seven Kings
- 5 Man wanted in connection with dangerous driving incident in Newbury Park
- 6 May 17: What can't open when Covid-19 lockdown rules ease?
- 7 Man stabbed in Goodmayes
- 8 Labour's Sadiq Khan wins London mayoral election
- 9 Detectives hunt for knifepoint phone robber in Woodford Green
- 10 Police car flips over in Chadwell Heath collision
“PC Tavasoli is currently on restricted duties.”