Police looking for ‘James Corden lookalike’ and accomplice after Ilford burglary
An Ilford resident startled a burglar in his home on Tuesday but it was too late to stop him getting away with a safe containing cash, gold and documents.
The man was in the top floor bedroom of his home in Gloucester Gardens when the door was kicked open around 6pm.
He saw a white man in the doorway and shouted at him but the suspect ran out the property into a dark Audi A3, which was driven away towards Hereford Gardens by another man.
They took a 2ft by 2ft safe containing £4,000 cash, an Asian gold wedding set valued at £7,000 and identification documents.
The first suspect was described as resembling television actor James Corden and was wearing blue Adidas tracksuit bottoms.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should contact the Ilford burglary squad on 020 8345 2610.
- 1 Ilford charity boss named in Queen’s Birthday Honours
- 2 Ilford GP criticises NHS patient data sharing plans
- 3 Thousands sign petition opposing gas company plan to take over allotments
- 4 Ilford's Mercato Metropolitano to open in November
- 5 Man with Hainault links wanted on recall to prison
- 6 Ilford primary teacher joins campaign to get people teaching
- 7 Man jailed after gun and cocaine worth £1m found at Ilford home
- 8 Pupils prepare for summer singing festival at Kenneth More Theatre
- 9 Fairlop woman ordered to pay £1k over Dagenham cigarette littering
- 10 Police officer guilty of spying on woman in the shower