Police looking for ‘James Corden lookalike’ and accomplice after Ilford burglary
An Ilford resident startled a burglar in his home on Tuesday but it was too late to stop him getting away with a safe containing cash, gold and documents.
The man was in the top floor bedroom of his home in Gloucester Gardens when the door was kicked open around 6pm.
He saw a white man in the doorway and shouted at him but the suspect ran out the property into a dark Audi A3, which was driven away towards Hereford Gardens by another man.
They took a 2ft by 2ft safe containing £4,000 cash, an Asian gold wedding set valued at £7,000 and identification documents.
The first suspect was described as resembling television actor James Corden and was wearing blue Adidas tracksuit bottoms.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should contact the Ilford burglary squad on 020 8345 2610.
- 1 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 2 Chigwell child sex offender who posed as teen online jailed
- 3 Motorbike 'deliberately' struck by car in Redbridge, police say
- 4 Driver in critical condition after Ilford shop crash
- 5 Investigation underway as 20 dead birds recovered from Goodmayes Park lake
- 6 Man rushed to hospital after being robbed and stabbed in Ilford
- 7 'Very challenging': Ilford businesses still struggling months after return
- 8 'She has a chance to fight it': Donor match for leukaemia patient Esha
- 9 Chadwell Heath station assault witness appeal
- 10 Jailed: ‘Opportunistic predator’ who kidnapped and raped woman