Police left out in the cold at Goodmayes contact point because building not ready
- Credit: Archant
Residents hoping to use a new contact point to talk to police in Goodmayes should be prepared to get very cold.
The Elder House Community Centre, in Green Lane, Goodmayes, was chosen as a location to meet residents three times a week after a restructure of the Metropolitan Police last month.
But building work on the centre has been delayed and it is not expected to open until November.
Until it opens, police have to meet members of the public outside with no shelter.
Ch Insp John Fish said: “The officers will be there rain or shine but members of the public are welcome to make an appointment so officers can visit them at their home.”
You may also want to watch:
The contact point is open from 7-8pm on Thursday and Friday and from 2-3pm on Sunday.
An appointment can be made by visiting the contact point, calling 101 or contacting the Goodmayes Safer Neighbourhoods Team.
- 1 Medics treat six people after three-car crash in Ilford
- 2 Valentines Park bench dedicated to couple described as 'pillars of community'
- 3 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 4 Three new items Redbridge residents can recycle
- 5 Man dies after fall near Hainault station
- 6 Thames Water says its drainage systems did not fail during flash floods
- 7 Covid cases drop at Queen’s and King George hospitals
- 8 Driver in critical condition after Ilford shop crash
- 9 Jailed: ‘Opportunistic predator’ who kidnapped and raped woman
- 10 Fireaway pizza branch to open in South Woodford