Police left out in the cold at Goodmayes contact point because building not ready
- Credit: Archant
Residents hoping to use a new contact point to talk to police in Goodmayes should be prepared to get very cold.
The Elder House Community Centre, in Green Lane, Goodmayes, was chosen as a location to meet residents three times a week after a restructure of the Metropolitan Police last month.
But building work on the centre has been delayed and it is not expected to open until November.
Until it opens, police have to meet members of the public outside with no shelter.
Ch Insp John Fish said: “The officers will be there rain or shine but members of the public are welcome to make an appointment so officers can visit them at their home.”
You may also want to watch:
The contact point is open from 7-8pm on Thursday and Friday and from 2-3pm on Sunday.
An appointment can be made by visiting the contact point, calling 101 or contacting the Goodmayes Safer Neighbourhoods Team.
- 1 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 2 Doctor struck off after working underqualified for locum shifts
- 3 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 4 Two arrests after alleged assault on teen in Newbury Park
- 5 Fire at Ilford Lane shop was accidental, brigade says
- 6 Average Redbridge house price nearly £30k higher than last year
- 7 Strike over Covid working dispute begins at Oaks Park High School
- 8 Businesses find cannabis growing in their flower pots
- 9 School Streets scheme to expand in September
- 10 Delta variant accounts for majority of Covid cases in much of east London