Police investigate mystery pistol found in rucksack in Gants Hill
- Credit: Archant
Police are investigating the origins of a mystery pistol found in Gants Hill.
Police were called at 5pm on September 22 following reports of an air pistol that was found in an abandoned rucksack.
The rucksack was discovered beside a garage at the rear of a property in Woodford Avenue, Gants Hill.
Officers, who made the weapon safe at the scene, believe the air pistol has no connection to any crime.
Police, who are continuing their enquiries, are currently awaiting the results of forensic tests.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Mercato Ilford 'delayed again' as council pushes for Christmas opening
- 2 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 3 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 4 'Not acceptable': Residents mount opposition to plumbers' building plan
- 5 Two more police 'enforcement hubs' to open in Redbridge
- 6 Jailed: Men who laundered £25m from cash and carry warehouses
- 7 Cross-party group demands mayor reject Tesco Goodmayes development
- 8 The most expensive houses sold in your east London borough in August
- 9 Police warn of 'violence, urination' as takeaway applies for late licence
- 10 'Sick and tired': More restaurants fall victim to Just Eat scammers