Police confirm Nancy Ryan, 70, died of drowning in River Roding
A post-mortem examination has been carried out on Nancy Ryan, the 70-year-old woman found in the River Roding on Sunday.
Police today released a statement confirming that the body found in the river at around 1.25pm was Mrs Ryan. Her family was told on Sunday.
Her body was found near the Redbridge roundabout and the cause of death has been given as drowning.
Mrs Ryan had been missing since Tuesday of last week when she left her home in Gaynes Hill Road, Woodford Bridge, at 9pm.
An inquest was opened at Walthamstow Coroner’s Court yesterday and has been adjourned.
You may also want to watch:
Police are not treating the death as suspicious.
Mrs Ryan left a husband, Michael Ryan, 77, and was a mother of three and grandmother of seven.
- 1 Ilford murder investigation launched after woman dies of injuries
- 2 Ilford Town only place in London with average house price below £250,000
- 3 First residents move in to new council homes in Hainault
- 4 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 5 More than a thousand attend Eid in the Field in Woodford Green
- 6 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 7 Sam Tarry MP: 'My focus is on job creation in Ilford'
- 8 Wes Streeting MP reveals cancer diagnosis
- 9 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 10 Maria Rawlings death: Man arrested on suspicion of murder