Police commander to answer questions on rising burglary rates in Redbridge
Representatives from all parts of Redbridge society will attend a quarterly meeting with the borough’s police chief.
Borough Commander Sue Williams will deliver a performance report to members of the Redbridge Police Community Engagement Group on Monday evening at Forest House, in Clements Road, Ilford, following the revelation of a spike of burglary rates in the borough.
The forum includes four MPs, councillors, residents and community groups.
Liz Pearce, from Redbridge Council for Voluntary Services (CVS), said: “The main thing at the moment is the rise in burglary rates, and that is something that the police are really trying to address.”
A presentation on the fight against burglers will be given by Chief Insp Stan Greatrick and temporary Supt Paige Kimberly, and all members of the public are free to ask questions about the work of the police and safe neighbourhood teams.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Pearce encouraged any attendees to send her questions in advance to give the respondents time to prepare an answer.
For more information visit www.redbridgecvs.net.
- 1 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 2 Doctor struck off after working underqualified for locum shifts
- 3 Average Redbridge house price nearly £30k higher than last year
- 4 Businesses find cannabis growing in their flower pots
- 5 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 6 Newbury Park supermarket security staff step in to help man in crisis
- 7 Two arrests after alleged assault on teen in Newbury Park
- 8 Fire at Ilford Lane shop was accidental, brigade says
- 9 Covid jabs available at town hall clinic
- 10 Hainault woman celebrates 100th birthday with mayoral visit