Police chase gang of five in Ilford
A pair of police officers tried to chase five youngsters on foot this morning.
TFour people have been arrested after a dramatic foot chase last week.
A pair of police officers were responding to a reported robbery a schoolboy when they pulled over a maroon car in South Park Drive, Ilford, at 8.40am on Thursday. First the driver, then four more passengers, including one “teenage” girl sprinted from the vehicle and made out across South Park.
One eyewitness, who did not want to be named said: “The maroon car was driving towards me in the middle of the road and I heard the police give one blast of the siren.
“The car stopped and the driver ran out, and after waiting a few seconds a bunch of kids flew out of the doors and scattered in all directions, leaving two police officers to try and catch them on foot.”
You may also want to watch:
“It was like something from Police, Camera, Action,” she added.
Some of the fleeing assailants scaled the iron railings around South Park to avoid capture, according to a witness.
- 1 Ilford charity boss named in Queen’s Birthday Honours
- 2 Ilford GP criticises NHS patient data sharing plans
- 3 Thousands sign petition opposing gas company plan to take over allotments
- 4 Ilford's Mercato Metropolitano to open in November
- 5 Man with Hainault links wanted on recall to prison
- 6 Ilford primary teacher joins campaign to get people teaching
- 7 Man jailed after gun and cocaine worth £1m found at Ilford home
- 8 Pupils prepare for summer singing festival at Kenneth More Theatre
- 9 Fairlop woman ordered to pay £1k over Dagenham cigarette littering
- 10 Police officer guilty of spying on woman in the shower