Police car flips over in Chadwell Heath collision
- Credit: @ig1_ig2
A police car flipped over after colliding with a van in Chadwell Heath this morning (May 5).
There were two officers in the car at the time of the collision, which took place around 11.15am in Barley Lane, but their injuries are not life-threatening or life-changing.
Three people - the two officers and a member of the public - were taken to hospital.
The third person's injuries have also been confirmed as not life-threatening or life-changing.
A spokesperson for the police said enquiries into the circumstances are ongoing.
You may also want to watch:
A London Ambulance Service spokesperson said: "We were called at 11.18am today (May 5) to reports of a road traffic collision at the junction of Eastern Avenue and Barley Lane.
"We sent three ambulance crews, our hazardous area response teams, and an incident response officer. The first of our medics were at the scene in under three minutes.
- 1 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 2 Newbury Park supermarket security staff step in to help man in crisis
- 3 Doctor struck off after working underqualified for locum shifts
- 4 Average Redbridge house price nearly £30k higher than last year
- 5 Businesses find cannabis growing in their flower pots
- 6 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 7 Covid jabs available at town hall clinic
- 8 Two arrests after alleged assault on teen in Newbury Park
- 9 Hainault woman celebrates 100th birthday with mayoral visit
- 10 Council dishes out £7k of fines in fly-tipping crackdown
"Three people were treated at the scene. One person was taken to a major trauma centre as a priority, and two people were taken to a hospital."
The road has been cleared and traffic is open in both directions.