Police called to Broadmead Road to reports of woman screaming
Police are appealing for witnesses after a terrifying attempted carjacking last night leaving a husband and wife injured.
Police were called at 11.50pm to reports of a woman screaming in Broadmead Road, Woodford Green.
When they arrived they found a 66-year-old man and his wife had been assaulted by two men wearing balaclavas who had tried to steal their car.
The woman, 58, had a bruised eye after being punched in the face and the man had a fractured wrist.
The suspects fled after they could not start the Mercedes.
You may also want to watch:
Both suspects are described as white and spoke with Eastern European accents.
Two further suspects remained in another vehicle while the incident took place.
- 1 Girl, 16, allegedly raped in Ilford park
- 2 Travelling in and out of Redbridge? Your guide to road and rail works
- 3 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 4 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 5 Doctor struck off after working underqualified for locum shifts
- 6 Newbury Park supermarket security staff step in to help man in crisis
- 7 Businesses find cannabis growing in their flower pots
- 8 Council dishes out £7k of fines in fly-tipping crackdown
- 9 Ambulance stations to close and be replaced by single centre, LAS reveals
- 10 Woodford Green bomb scare declared false alarm
No arrests have been made.
A spokesman for London Ambulance Service said they were called to reports of an assault and took a man to hospital.
Boradmead Road and Charteris Road were closed in both directions last night but have since reopened.
Anyone with any information about this incident should call the Redbridge robbery unit on 101 or, if you wish to remain anonymous, Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
• Did you see what happened? Tweet us @ilfordrecorder or call 020 8477 3826 or email email@example.com.