Police called to Broadmead Road to reports of woman screaming
Police are appealing for witnesses after a terrifying attempted carjacking last night leaving a husband and wife injured.
Police were called at 11.50pm to reports of a woman screaming in Broadmead Road, Woodford Green.
When they arrived they found a 66-year-old man and his wife had been assaulted by two men wearing balaclavas who had tried to steal their car.
The woman, 58, had a bruised eye after being punched in the face and the man had a fractured wrist.
The suspects fled after they could not start the Mercedes.
You may also want to watch:
Both suspects are described as white and spoke with Eastern European accents.
Two further suspects remained in another vehicle while the incident took place.
- 1 Medics treat six people after three-car crash in Ilford
- 2 Best places to have a curry in Redbridge as chosen by readers
- 3 Valentines Park bench dedicated to couple described as 'pillars of community'
- 4 Coffee fanatics to open 'lively' new café in Redbridge
- 5 Three new items Redbridge residents can recycle
- 6 Homebuilder steps back from proposals over rising projected costs
- 7 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 8 Ilford care home nominated for two national awards
- 9 Man dies after fall near Hainault station
- 10 Man rushed to hospital after being robbed and stabbed in Ilford
No arrests have been made.
A spokesman for London Ambulance Service said they were called to reports of an assault and took a man to hospital.
Boradmead Road and Charteris Road were closed in both directions last night but have since reopened.
Anyone with any information about this incident should call the Redbridge robbery unit on 101 or, if you wish to remain anonymous, Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
• Did you see what happened? Tweet us @ilfordrecorder or call 020 8477 3826 or email email@example.com.