Police appeal for witnesses to dog attack in Clayhall Park
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
A man and his leashed dog was attacked by a free-roaming dog while walking in a park.
The 21-year-old victim was walking through the north end of Clayhall Park in Longwood Gardens, Clayhall, when he and his akita was bitten by the other dog - also an akita.
Redbridge police are appealing for witnesses who saw the incident on August 16 at approximately 8pm to come forward, in an attempt to identify the owner of the attacking dog.
The owner of the attacking dog - which was off its leash - is described as an Asian male aged between 16 and 18, and the attacking akita is described as having black fur all over.
The victim said that his dog received bites to its neck and body, while the victim dog owner received bites on his hands and legs as he tried to separate the dogs.
You may also want to watch:
The injuries sustained were not life-threatening.
Anyone with any information should call PC Adrian Towler on 020 8345 3589 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Mercato Ilford 'delayed again' as council pushes for Christmas opening
- 2 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 3 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 4 'Not acceptable': Residents mount opposition to plumbers' building plan
- 5 Jailed: Men who laundered £25m from cash and carry warehouses
- 6 Two more police 'enforcement hubs' to open in Redbridge
- 7 Cross-party group demands mayor reject Tesco Goodmayes development
- 8 The most expensive houses sold in your east London borough in August
- 9 Police warn of 'violence, urination' as takeaway applies for late licence
- 10 'Sick and tired': More restaurants fall victim to Just Eat scammers