Police appeal for ‘significant’ witness to fatal crash in Rainham
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for a “significant” witness to a fatal car crash to come forward.
Officers want to speak to the man who they believe has key information about the crash in Rainham involving Hassan Sheikh, 21, of Bengal Road, Ilford, who was pronounced dead at the scene.
Police were called at about 1.55pm on Wednesday, 1 July, to reports of a Toyota Yaris in collision with the central reservation on the A13.
Officers found Hassan collapsed at the scene. The London Ambulance Service attended but he was pronounced dead at 2.42pm.
A male passenger was taken to hospital with leg injuries – he remains in hospital.
You may also want to watch:
Det Sgt Stuart Henson said: “This is an extremely serious and tragic incident. I am particularly keen to locate the witness who remained on the hard shoulder for over 20 minutes before driving off along the A13 towards London.
“This witness, believed to be a man aged approximately between 40 and 60 years, was driving a light coloured vehicle – possibly silver or beige – between the Yaris and a lorry, close to the time of the collision.”
- 1 Residents complain their Ilford street now 'full of crime'
- 2 Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer visits Redbridge on campaign trail
- 3 Ricardo Fuller death: Man charged with murder
- 4 Fire damages Ilford flats
- 5 Former Ilford South MP opens up on Labour departure in new book
- 6 Tributes to police officer killed in Ilford on 26th anniversary of death
- 7 Covid hospital admissions and deaths in stark decline, NHS trust data shows
- 8 Fairlop Waters, numbers, NHS and child exploitation
- 9 Have you seen Chantel, 15, missing from Ilford?
- 10 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
Anyone who witnessed the collision should contact officers on 020 8597 4874.