Police appeal for information surrounding death of man, 32, at Brownstock Festival
Police are appealing for information surrounding the death of a man who attended a music festival in South Woodham Ferrers, Chelmsford.
Paul Wickerson, 32, died after being struck by a car about 20 minutes after leaving the Brownstock festival site on August 31.
A 48-year-old man from Ilford, and a man, 32, from Sawbridgeworth, Hertfordshire, were arrested in October on suspicion of the manslaughter after Mr Wickerson died.
The pair have been bailed until February 19 pending further enquiries.
Officers are launching an appeal to trace any witnesses from other parts of the country who were at the Brownstock festival.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Wickerson’s parents have released a photograph of their son in the hope that other people can help police to find out more about events leading to his death.
Investigations have established that Mr Wickerson, who lived in Australia, left the festival site at Woodham Road at about 10.21pm.
- 1 Medical student who helped injured biker calls for more first aid training
- 2 Primary schools in Redbridge rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 3 Police appeal to find girl, 12, last seen in Wanstead Park
- 4 Woman and children treated for smoke inhalation after Ilford flat fire
- 5 Panel finds ex-police officer would have been sacked for neighbour comments
- 6 Update: Man charged in connection with alleged sex assault
- 7 Letter: High-density housing plans in Redbridge
- 8 Seven Kings man charged in connection with alleged sex assault on boy
- 9 Primary school creates memorial garden for pupils to remember loved ones
- 10 Ilford mother 'could have been saved' and NHS 'failed' her, family tells inquest
He died at around 14 minutes later when he was in collision with several cars at Lower Burnham Road, Cold Norton, near the junction with Fambridge Road.
Investigating officer Dept Con Keith Sloggett, of the Kent and Essex Serious Crime Directorate, said: “We are seeking any information as to where Mr Wickerson was during his final hour. We believe that he was walking along the road wearing just a pair of shorts.”
“The investigation is also looking to gain information of how Mr Wickerson arrived at the location where he was involved in the collision which is approximately two-and-a-half miles from the festival. In addition to that we are also keen to hear from anyone who was ejected from the festival that weekend.”
A 29-year-old man from Shoeburyness, Essex was arrested on suspicion of manslaughter and a 36-year-old man from Southend, Essex was arrested on suspicion of perverting the course of justice. They were arrested on Monday December 30 and have also been bailed until February 19 pending further enquiries.
Anyone with information should contact DC Sloggett at the Colchester MIT office on 101, call Crimestoppers on 0800 555111 or email SCDappeals@essex.pnn.police.uk