Police appeal after man indecently touched woman on Seven Kings train
- Credit: Archant
British Transport Police (BTP) are appealing for information after a woman was touched indecently onboard a train between Seven Kings and Chadwell Heath.
Investigators have released CCTV of a man they would like to speak to in connection with the incident on Wednesday, January 2.
DC Tim Keep, the investigating officer, said: “The victim boarded the 8.50pm London Liverpool Street to Shenfield service and sat alone.
“As the train arrived at Seven Kings station, she noticed a man who came up and sat close by. He suddenly began touching the victim inappropriately making her feel extremely uncomfortable.
“The victim ignored his advances and continued to read her book, but his inappropriate behaviour carried on. In a bid to get away she stood up and moved seats away from him.”
You may also want to watch:
He left the service as it arrived into Chadwell Heath station.
DC Keep added: “This must have been a very upsetting and frightening ordeal for the victim, and we’ll do all we can to arrest the person responsible.”
- 1 Redbridge issued more than 2,800 Blue Badge fines in 2020, data shows
- 2 Sam Tarry MP urges Sadiq Khan to block Goodmayes Tesco development
- 3 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 4 Barkingside man charged with intending to supply cannabis
- 5 Charity urges council to tackle alleged Ilford Lane anti-social behaviour
- 6 Barking and Dagenham and Redbridge 'least active' boroughs in London, study finds
- 7 BHRUT doctors taking on triathlon in memory of colleague’s daughter
- 8 King George Hospital gets new ultrasound rooms and upgraded machines
- 9 Protestors decry 'privatisation' of NHS outside Loxford Practice
- 10 Former Homebase development plans approved
Anyone who recognises the man is urged to contact BTP on 0800 405 040 quoting background reference B17/LNA.