Police appeal after man indecently touched woman on Seven Kings train
- Credit: Archant
British Transport Police (BTP) are appealing for information after a woman was touched indecently onboard a train between Seven Kings and Chadwell Heath.
Investigators have released CCTV of a man they would like to speak to in connection with the incident on Wednesday, January 2.
DC Tim Keep, the investigating officer, said: “The victim boarded the 8.50pm London Liverpool Street to Shenfield service and sat alone.
“As the train arrived at Seven Kings station, she noticed a man who came up and sat close by. He suddenly began touching the victim inappropriately making her feel extremely uncomfortable.
“The victim ignored his advances and continued to read her book, but his inappropriate behaviour carried on. In a bid to get away she stood up and moved seats away from him.”
He left the service as it arrived into Chadwell Heath station.
DC Keep added: “This must have been a very upsetting and frightening ordeal for the victim, and we’ll do all we can to arrest the person responsible.”
- 1 Fairlop Waters car park to transform into ice-rink for Christmas
- 2 Mercato Metropolitano to host taster market in Ilford
- 3 Thief threatened woman with bottle at Ilford High Road Sainsbury's Local
- 4 Chance of snow in London this weekend
- 5 Call for witnesses after man, 54, dies following Eastern Avenue collision
- 6 Barking cash and carry boss jailed for five years for money laundering
- 7 Members of Mali Boys gang jailed for supplying Class A drugs into Essex
- 8 Covid-19: How Redbridge's current figures compare to November 2020 lockdown
- 9 Which Underground lines are affected today
- 10 Festivities planned to mark Ilford's Christmas lights switch-on
Anyone who recognises the man is urged to contact BTP on 0800 405 040 quoting background reference B17/LNA.