Police appeal after attempted burglary in Woodford Green
Police are appealing for information after an attempted burglary in Turpin’s Lane, Woodford Green.
Between 11.30am and 2.45pm on Thursday, attempts were made to break in to a house through the front door.
No entry was made but the door was damaged.
Det Con James Smith at Loughton CID said: “Quite an effort was made to try and break in to this house, possibly with a view to stealing a vehicle which was parked on the driveway.
“The only reason this victim did not have their vehicle stolen was that they had a good quality front door which had been locked correctly.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information is asked to call 101 or contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Ilford charity boss named in Queen’s Birthday Honours
- 2 Ilford GP criticises NHS patient data sharing plans
- 3 Thousands sign petition opposing gas company plan to take over allotments
- 4 Ilford's Mercato Metropolitano to open in November
- 5 Man with Hainault links wanted on recall to prison
- 6 Ilford primary teacher joins campaign to get people teaching
- 7 Man jailed after gun and cocaine worth £1m found at Ilford home
- 8 Pupils prepare for summer singing festival at Kenneth More Theatre
- 9 Fairlop woman ordered to pay £1k over Dagenham cigarette littering
- 10 Police officer guilty of spying on woman in the shower