Plastic on overhead wire stops Greater Anglia trains from calling at three stations
- Credit: Archant
Plastic on the overhead wires caused problems for train users this lunchtime as services were altered.
The Shenfield-bound Metro services were not calling at Seven Kings, Goodmayes and Chadwell Heath.
The trains were diverted onto the fast line to bypass the problem for around 20 minutes around midday.
Greater Anglia advised those who wished to use the stations during that time to use local buses or travel to Romford and return on the London-bound service, which was not affected.
Passengers on the 11:20 London Liverpool Street to Shenfield service were kept at a standstill while Network Rail engineers removed the plastic.
You may also want to watch:
Further plastic on the wire near Romford meant trains were running fast from Ilford to Gidea Park between 12.45 and 1pm.
- 1 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 2 Newbury Park supermarket security staff step in to help man in crisis
- 3 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 4 Doctor struck off after working underqualified for locum shifts
- 5 Businesses find cannabis growing in their flower pots
- 6 Council dishes out £7k of fines in fly-tipping crackdown
- 7 Covid jabs available at town hall clinic
- 8 Fire at Ilford Lane shop was accidental, brigade says
- 9 Two arrests after alleged assault on teen in Newbury Park
- 10 Strike over Covid working dispute begins at Oaks Park High School