Plastic on overhead wire stops Greater Anglia trains from calling at three stations
- Credit: Archant
Plastic on the overhead wires caused problems for train users this lunchtime as services were altered.
The Shenfield-bound Metro services were not calling at Seven Kings, Goodmayes and Chadwell Heath.
The trains were diverted onto the fast line to bypass the problem for around 20 minutes around midday.
Greater Anglia advised those who wished to use the stations during that time to use local buses or travel to Romford and return on the London-bound service, which was not affected.
Passengers on the 11:20 London Liverpool Street to Shenfield service were kept at a standstill while Network Rail engineers removed the plastic.
You may also want to watch:
Further plastic on the wire near Romford meant trains were running fast from Ilford to Gidea Park between 12.45 and 1pm.
- 1 ‘Game-changing’ kebab chain to open Barkingside branch
- 2 South Woodford curry house named best in the nation
- 3 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 4 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 5 More strike action planned in Newbury Park school dispute
- 6 East London police officer charged with rape
- 7 Opera star Jonathan Antoine to return to the stage ahead of US tour
- 8 Roof damaged in Seven Kings house fire
- 9 Where to go for Italian food in Redbridge, according to TripAdvisor
- 10 'Like prisoners in our home': Parents of attacked 13-year-old speak out