Plans to make market monthly in SoWo
- Credit: Archant
Business owners are hoping to permanently bring back a monthly market to South Woodford.
Following the success of the Essex Farmers market in George Lane, on July 21, the South Woodford Business Forum hopes to turn the event into a regular billing.
A forum spokeswoman said the market periodically operates in Wanstead High Street and it would be a wonderful addition to the "vibrancy of shopping" in South Woodford.
"The market offers artisan produce with freshly baked goods, cheese, meat and many non-food items that will encourage visitors to browse, shop and also visit the other established shops along George Lane," she said.
"We are really excited about the market and hope that this will be established as a regular monthly event moving forward."
You may also want to watch:
Councillor Michael Duffell said: "Both Cllr Sue Nolan and I would love it to come back on a monthly basis on the same weekend of the month - this would guarantee that residents would know exactly when it's going to be there."
- 1 Safeguarding concerns at 'outstanding' Atam Academy in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Have you seen this 52-year-old man missing from Ilford?
- 3 Derelict pavilion in Goodmayes Park destroyed by fire
- 4 Growing public support for tougher pet theft sentences
- 5 Police and council join forces to help raise Covid awareness
- 6 Council must pay £4,500 for failing disabled brothers
- 7 Have you seen this 17-year-old missing from Ilford?
- 8 Welcome to Chadwell Heath Spartans, a true family football club
- 9 Double murder charge over stabbings, as police name victims
- 10 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings