Plan for ‘portable hotel’ to house Hainault Olympic visitors
A unique ‘portable’ hotel could be coming to Hainault Forest Country Park to accommodate visitors coming to the borough during the Olympic Games.
A Snoozebox, a self-contained and stackable hotel, is being planned for the park, a company spokesman has confirmed.
The hotel is energy efficient and as it is reusable it is environmentally friendly.
The one-of-a-kind hotel takes 48 hours to set up, and planning permission is not required if it is being installed for 28 days or less.
A Snoozebox spokesman said: “The Olympics are slightly more than 28 days but we believe we will not have to go through a full planning application in order to set up.”
You may also want to watch:
Hotel sizes can range from a minimum of 40 beds to 400.
- 1 Ilford care home turned into studio flats for rough sleepers
- 2 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 3 Chadwell Heath death: Barking man charged with murder of Maria Rawlings
- 4 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 5 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 6 Maria Rawlings death: Man arrested on suspicion of murder
- 7 Cannabis and rambo knife sniffed out by police dog in Gants Hill bust
- 8 New councillors for Loxford and Seven Kings react to by-election wins
- 9 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 10 Labour's shadow cabinet reshuffle sees new role for Ilford North MP