Plan for ‘portable hotel’ to house Hainault Olympic visitors
A unique ‘portable’ hotel could be coming to Hainault Forest Country Park to accommodate visitors coming to the borough during the Olympic Games.
A Snoozebox, a self-contained and stackable hotel, is being planned for the park, a company spokesman has confirmed.
The hotel is energy efficient and as it is reusable it is environmentally friendly.
The one-of-a-kind hotel takes 48 hours to set up, and planning permission is not required if it is being installed for 28 days or less.
A Snoozebox spokesman said: “The Olympics are slightly more than 28 days but we believe we will not have to go through a full planning application in order to set up.”
You may also want to watch:
Hotel sizes can range from a minimum of 40 beds to 400.
- 1 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 2 'Like prisoners in our home': Parents of attacked 13-year-old speak out
- 3 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 4 Where to go for Italian food in Redbridge, according to TripAdvisor
- 5 Ex-council staff who was sacked after bailiffs turned up at his work loses unfair dismissal claim
- 6 Walk It Out founder launches women's boxing classes
- 7 Thirteen-year-old boy attacked in Ilford
- 8 'Important' business park to be exempt from new planning rules
- 9 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff
- 10 Eatery 'at risk of closure' as scammers exploit Just Eat loophole