Plan for ‘portable hotel’ to house Hainault Olympic visitors
A unique ‘portable’ hotel could be coming to Hainault Forest Country Park to accommodate visitors coming to the borough during the Olympic Games.
A Snoozebox, a self-contained and stackable hotel, is being planned for the park, a company spokesman has confirmed.
The hotel is energy efficient and as it is reusable it is environmentally friendly.
The one-of-a-kind hotel takes 48 hours to set up, and planning permission is not required if it is being installed for 28 days or less.
A Snoozebox spokesman said: “The Olympics are slightly more than 28 days but we believe we will not have to go through a full planning application in order to set up.”
You may also want to watch:
Hotel sizes can range from a minimum of 40 beds to 400.
- 1 More than £5m worth of stolen vehicles recovered in first Redbridge Action Week
- 2 'Uproar' at decision to fell protected oak tree in Hainault
- 3 Cost of damage runs into thousands as Clayhall street clears up after floods
- 4 Woodford Green and Forest Gate residents criticise councils over flooding
- 5 Inquest: Newham driver died of 'misadventure' after Redbridge police chase
- 6 Barts Trust ends major incident but situation 'critical' at Whipps Cross
- 7 Cycling access extended at Wanstead Park
- 8 Ricardo Fuller death: Third man charged with murder
- 9 Oxford student bids to improve top university access for state school pupils
- 10 Former Woodford Police Station could become office space