Plan for 6,000-person Olympic Games campsite in Hainault set to be decided on
A farmer who has re-submitted plans for an Olympic campsite near Fairlop station will find out next week if he can host live music, dancing and indoor sporting events to entertain about 6,000 people.
David Fowler, who was “frustrated” after his original plan for an 8,000-person campsite in Forest Farm was rejected, has submitted a smaller proposal for his land.
He wants to use the land off Forest Road to host Olympic and Paralympic spectators between July 24 and September 9.
On Tuesday next week, licensing sub-committee seven will meet at Redbridge Town Hall, High Road, Ilford, to decide on whether to grant a licence for a number of activities.
They include the sale and supply of alcohol and facilities for dancing Monday to Sunday from noon-11pm, the provision of live music Monday to Sunday between 6-9pm and provision for indoor sporting events Monday to Sunday from 9am-9pm.
You may also want to watch:
While the site will be open 24/7, security will be on hand at all times.
Mr Fowler, 47, whose family have farmed the land since 1892, said he estimated the site would bring in about �2million for borough businesses and services.
- 1 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 2 Co-living development green-lit by council despite 'rabbit hutch' rooms
- 3 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff
- 4 Nine Redbridge parks retain Green Flag Award status
- 5 Mercato Ilford 'delayed again' as council pushes for Christmas opening
- 6 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 7 Young Citizen nominee: Esha, 4, who inspired thousands to join bone marrow donor list
- 8 'Not acceptable': Residents mount opposition to plumbers' building plan
- 9 'Sick and tired': More restaurants fall victim to Just Eat scammers
- 10 Anti-hate crime workshops to be delivered in Redbridge
A 4,200 temporary hotel for Olympic security has already been approved for Hainault Forest Country Park, Romford Road, Hainault.