Plan for 6,000-person Olympic Games campsite in Hainault set to be decided on
A farmer who has re-submitted plans for an Olympic campsite near Fairlop station will find out next week if he can host live music, dancing and indoor sporting events to entertain about 6,000 people.
David Fowler, who was “frustrated” after his original plan for an 8,000-person campsite in Forest Farm was rejected, has submitted a smaller proposal for his land.
He wants to use the land off Forest Road to host Olympic and Paralympic spectators between July 24 and September 9.
On Tuesday next week, licensing sub-committee seven will meet at Redbridge Town Hall, High Road, Ilford, to decide on whether to grant a licence for a number of activities.
They include the sale and supply of alcohol and facilities for dancing Monday to Sunday from noon-11pm, the provision of live music Monday to Sunday between 6-9pm and provision for indoor sporting events Monday to Sunday from 9am-9pm.
You may also want to watch:
While the site will be open 24/7, security will be on hand at all times.
Mr Fowler, 47, whose family have farmed the land since 1892, said he estimated the site would bring in about �2million for borough businesses and services.
- 1 Ilford Town only place in London with average house price below £250,000
- 2 First residents move in to new council homes in Hainault
- 3 Ilford murder investigation launched after woman dies of injuries
- 4 More than a thousand attend Eid in the Field in Woodford Green
- 5 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 6 Wes Streeting MP reveals cancer diagnosis
- 7 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 8 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 9 Redbridge equality group condemns 'heinous' Ilford mosque attack
- 10 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
A 4,200 temporary hotel for Olympic security has already been approved for Hainault Forest Country Park, Romford Road, Hainault.