Plan for 6,000-person Olympic Games campsite in Hainault set to be decided on
A farmer who has re-submitted plans for an Olympic campsite near Fairlop station will find out next week if he can host live music, dancing and indoor sporting events to entertain about 6,000 people.
David Fowler, who was “frustrated” after his original plan for an 8,000-person campsite in Forest Farm was rejected, has submitted a smaller proposal for his land.
He wants to use the land off Forest Road to host Olympic and Paralympic spectators between July 24 and September 9.
On Tuesday next week, licensing sub-committee seven will meet at Redbridge Town Hall, High Road, Ilford, to decide on whether to grant a licence for a number of activities.
They include the sale and supply of alcohol and facilities for dancing Monday to Sunday from noon-11pm, the provision of live music Monday to Sunday between 6-9pm and provision for indoor sporting events Monday to Sunday from 9am-9pm.
You may also want to watch:
While the site will be open 24/7, security will be on hand at all times.
Mr Fowler, 47, whose family have farmed the land since 1892, said he estimated the site would bring in about �2million for borough businesses and services.
- 1 Developments approved in Redbridge so far in 2021
- 2 Redbridge clean-up underway after flash floods close A&E and damage homes
- 3 Ilford charity opens B&M store in Newbury Park
- 4 Backlash as Fairlop Waters meadow turned into overflow parking
- 5 Ilford MP Wes Streeting is cancer-free after successful operation
- 6 Tributes paid to Seven Kings activist who 'always fought injustice'
- 7 Update: Missing girl, 12, found 'safe and well'
- 8 Ceiling panels collapse and operations cancelled at hospital after flooding
- 9 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 10 Women use experiences to offer safety insights about Redbridge
A 4,200 temporary hotel for Olympic security has already been approved for Hainault Forest Country Park, Romford Road, Hainault.