Plan for 100 new homes to help ‘regenerate’ Gants Hill
- Credit: Archant
More than 100 homes could be built in Gants Hill if a new planning application gets the go-ahead.
Applicant Alex King of Fairview New Homes, wants permission to knock down Crown Motors on land at 420 Eastern Avenue near Gants Hill Tube station, and build 95 private flats and maisonettes and 10 social housing units.
As well as the 105 residential units, there would be 730sqm of commercial floorspace, all spread across three blocks, between three and seven storeys high.
Of the private dwellings, there would be 31 one-bed flats, 46 two-bed and 18 three-bedroom apartments.
Of the social housing provision, four would be one-bed flats and six would be two-bed flats.
You may also want to watch:
According to the applicant the scheme would regenerate the area, provide community bene?ts such as new jobs and social housing and make the area look better.
This would fit in with Redbridge Council’s vision set out in the Gants Hill Area Action Plan created in 2007, which aims to “reverse the decline of Gants Hill Town Centre by providing housing led growth”.
- 1 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 2 Chigwell child sex offender who posed as teen online jailed
- 3 Motorbike 'deliberately' struck by car in Redbridge, police say
- 4 Driver in critical condition after Ilford shop crash
- 5 Investigation underway as 20 dead birds recovered from Goodmayes Park lake
- 6 Man rushed to hospital after being robbed and stabbed in Ilford
- 7 'Very challenging': Ilford businesses still struggling months after return
- 8 'She has a chance to fight it': Donor match for leukaemia patient Esha
- 9 Chadwell Heath station assault witness appeal
- 10 Jailed: ‘Opportunistic predator’ who kidnapped and raped woman
The Action Plan wants to encourage developers and investors to build new housing, shops and restaurants in the area as well as improving access to green spaces and creating a better environment for pedestrians.
A Redbridge Council spokesman said there was no set date for the application to be heard.