Plan for 100 new homes to help ‘regenerate’ Gants Hill
- Credit: Archant
More than 100 homes could be built in Gants Hill if a new planning application gets the go-ahead.
Applicant Alex King of Fairview New Homes, wants permission to knock down Crown Motors on land at 420 Eastern Avenue near Gants Hill Tube station, and build 95 private flats and maisonettes and 10 social housing units.
As well as the 105 residential units, there would be 730sqm of commercial floorspace, all spread across three blocks, between three and seven storeys high.
Of the private dwellings, there would be 31 one-bed flats, 46 two-bed and 18 three-bedroom apartments.
Of the social housing provision, four would be one-bed flats and six would be two-bed flats.
You may also want to watch:
According to the applicant the scheme would regenerate the area, provide community bene?ts such as new jobs and social housing and make the area look better.
This would fit in with Redbridge Council’s vision set out in the Gants Hill Area Action Plan created in 2007, which aims to “reverse the decline of Gants Hill Town Centre by providing housing led growth”.
- 1 Ilford charity boss named in Queen’s Birthday Honours
- 2 Ilford GP criticises NHS patient data sharing plans
- 3 Thousands sign petition opposing gas company plan to take over allotments
- 4 Ilford's Mercato Metropolitano to open in November
- 5 Man with Hainault links wanted on recall to prison
- 6 Ilford primary teacher joins campaign to get people teaching
- 7 Man jailed after gun and cocaine worth £1m found at Ilford home
- 8 Pupils prepare for summer singing festival at Kenneth More Theatre
- 9 Fairlop woman ordered to pay £1k over Dagenham cigarette littering
- 10 Police officer guilty of spying on woman in the shower
The Action Plan wants to encourage developers and investors to build new housing, shops and restaurants in the area as well as improving access to green spaces and creating a better environment for pedestrians.
A Redbridge Council spokesman said there was no set date for the application to be heard.