Pippa Middleton immortalised in crumpets with help of Redbridge man
Pippa Middleton’s face has been immortalised in crumpets with the help of a Redbridge restaurant manager.
The image of the Duchess of Cambridge’s sister was made out of a variety of different coloured crumpets, from uncooked to burnt, to get the correct shading for the finished product.
Deputy general manager of the Red House Beefeater Grill Amit Pathak, teamed up with a host of other managers from different restaurants across the UK and the project took him almost a day.
“When I saw the finished mosaics, I did feel proud,” he said. “I think we all did.
“But I might leave it a few months before I have any more crumpets myself, though.
You may also want to watch:
“It took the best part of a Saturday but as I was with other managers we all chatted and the day went quickly as we were so busy.” The 15,000 crumpets weighed more than a tonne, and the finished image was 20m high.
- 1 Ilford Town only place in London with average house price below £250,000
- 2 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 3 More than a thousand attend Eid in the Field in Woodford Green
- 4 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 5 Ilford care home turned into studio flats for rough sleepers
- 6 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 7 Man's suicide method thoughts were not in clinical notes, inquest hears
- 8 Chadwell Heath death: Barking man charged with murder of Maria Rawlings
- 9 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 10 Murder probe launched after mother-of-two’s body found in Chadwell Heath