Pickpocket snatches teen’s mobile phone outside Barkingside store
A teenager had her phone stolen by a pickpocket this morning in Barkingside.
Anneeka Suri, 18, had the phone snatched by an unidentified man outside Tesco, Cranbrook Road.
This morning’s incident was only noticed when Anneeka realised her phone was not in her pocket when she arrived at her car in the supermarket’s car park.
A man reportedly in his mid 20s had bumped into her only moments before and is suspected to have slid the phone out of her pocket without her knowing.
Anneeka of Hainault said: “I’m so upset, the phone was just sent to me as a replacement and is brand new.”
You may also want to watch:
The man, approximately 6ft tall with medium length brown hair, took the iPhone 4 worth – over �500 – at around 11am this morning.
Anyone with information should call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Thirteen-year-old boy stabbed in Ilford
- 2 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff
- 3 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 4 Vulnerable woman dies burning charcoal for warmth after gas and electricity are cut off
- 5 Co-living development green-lit by council despite 'rabbit hutch' rooms
- 6 Seven Kings School celebrates 90th birthday with fair
- 7 Young Citizen nominee: Esha, 4, who inspired thousands to join bone marrow donor list
- 8 16-year-old arrested after woman reports sexual assault in South Woodford
- 9 Met Office warns of flooding risk with heavy rain set to hit London
- 10 Hainault community garden gets £85k for 'ecotherapy' scheme