Pickpocket snatches teen’s mobile phone outside Barkingside store
A teenager had her phone stolen by a pickpocket this morning in Barkingside.
Anneeka Suri, 18, had the phone snatched by an unidentified man outside Tesco, Cranbrook Road.
This morning’s incident was only noticed when Anneeka realised her phone was not in her pocket when she arrived at her car in the supermarket’s car park.
A man reportedly in his mid 20s had bumped into her only moments before and is suspected to have slid the phone out of her pocket without her knowing.
Anneeka of Hainault said: “I’m so upset, the phone was just sent to me as a replacement and is brand new.”
You may also want to watch:
The man, approximately 6ft tall with medium length brown hair, took the iPhone 4 worth – over �500 – at around 11am this morning.
Anyone with information should call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Cash and jewellery taken in Ilford shop robbery
- 2 Car fire on A406 in South Woodford causing 'serious' delays
- 3 Seven charged after police crackdown on alleged county lines
- 4 Upcycle and recycle market coming to former Goodmayes Homebase site
- 5 Lloyds Bank announces Gants Hill branch closure
- 6 Girl, 16, allegedly raped in Ilford park
- 7 'I know how much they help': Teacher to continue motivational sessions
- 8 MP Sam Tarry: 'Much more needs to be done to support local businesses'
- 9 TfL admits wrongly charging supercar driver almost £1k in emission fees
- 10 Doctor struck off after working underqualified for locum shifts