Pickling Perfection: St Peter’s Church, Newbury Park gears up for Christmas market
- Credit: Archant
Perfect pickling perfection was the aim of the game on Sunday at St Peter’s Church which is gearing up for their popular Christmas market.
The pickling team, armed with sharp knives and boxes of tissues, peeled more than 50 kilos of onions to create jars of pickled onions to go on sale.
Reverend Kate Lovesey said: “The market is a lovely way to kick off your Christmas preparations with all things Christmassy for sale and the not-to-be-missed pickled onions for your Christmas table.”
Stalls stacked with homemade food including cakes and jams will be on sale. Also making an appearance is Santa who will be popping into his grotto from 2.30-3.30pm.
The Christmas market will be held on November 16 from 10am until 4pm at the church in Aldborough Road North, Newbury Park.
You may also want to watch:
A particular highlight will be the 50 nativity sets on show.
Reverend Lovesey said: “The highlight for me is the beauty of the myriad nativity sets in the church plus the first homemade mince pies of the season. A very warm welcome awaits visitors and their families.”
- 1 Eatery 'at risk of closure' as scammers exploit Just Eat loophole
- 2 Seven Kings barbers closes after 62 years in business
- 3 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 4 Ilford grandfather to run 37th London Marathon months after Covid battle
- 5 Council to approve children's performances after monkey costume scandal
- 6 'It's a surreal feeling': New coffee shop opens in Redbridge
- 7 'Grab this chance to save her life': Wanstead woman battling chronic illness urgently needs £200k for surgeries
- 8 Coffee fanatics to open 'lively' new coffee shop in Redbridge
- 9 DJ's fundraising bid to help twin return home after months in hospital
- 10 Best places to have a curry in Redbridge as chosen by readers