Phone not working? Landline problems still reported across Redbridge
Landline phones are still malfunctioning across Redbridge despite BT engineers’ efforts to fix them “as quickly as possible”.
The problem stops people being able to reach landline numbers, although there is no difficulty calling out.
On Monday, a spokesman for the company said the issues were caused by “malicious damage” of cables in Ealing and should be solved by 7pm that day.
But the duration of the fault has now been removed from the website, which reads: “Estimated time to resolve: Ongoing.”
Aldborough Hatch resident Ron Jeffries said people calling his phone have got an engaged tone or automated message from BT.
You may also want to watch:
“It has been like this since Saturday,” he added.
BT have not confirmed how many people are being affected but said problems were expected to continue for some time for TalkTalk customers.
- 1 South Woodford curry house named best in the nation
- 2 ‘Game-changing’ kebab chain to open Barkingside branch
- 3 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 4 More strike action planned in Newbury Park school dispute
- 5 Where to go for Italian food in Redbridge, according to TripAdvisor
- 6 'Like prisoners in our home': Parents of attacked 13-year-old speak out
- 7 'Important' business park to be exempt from new planning rules
- 8 EV charging hub launched in South Woodford as ULEZ expands
- 9 Ex-council staff who was sacked after bailiffs turned up at his work loses unfair dismissal claim
- 10 Thirteen-year-old boy attacked in Ilford