Pettits Lane woman, 28, trapped in bathroom for five hours
- Credit: sub
A 28-year-old woman spent five hours trapped in her bathroom after the door’s lock failed to open.
The unnamed woman, of Pettits Lane, Romford, refused to call the London Fire Brigade (LFB) initially.
It was only when a neighbour tried and failed to open the troublesome door did she call the emergency services.
Andy Watson, the Harold Hill watch manager, said: “She did not want to make a fuss.
“There was a problem with the door mechanism.”
You may also want to watch:
Mr Watson added the issue is quite common but said his crew “did not mind” having to help the woman at all.
Was it you? Were you trapped in your Pettits Lane home on Friday? Please call the newsdesk on 0208 477 3825.
- 1 Mercato Ilford 'delayed again' as council pushes for Christmas opening
- 2 'Not acceptable': Residents mount opposition to plumbers' building plan
- 3 ‘Hard to comprehend’: MPs react as Sir David Amess dies after stabbing
- 4 Two more police 'enforcement hubs' to open in Redbridge
- 5 Five veggie-friendly restaurants in Redbridge, courtesy of TripAdvisor
- 6 'Sick and tired': More restaurants fall victim to Just Eat scammers
- 7 The most expensive houses sold in your east London borough in August
- 8 Six cars damaged and lamppost felled in late-night Loxford crash
- 9 Cross-party group demands mayor reject Tesco Goodmayes development
- 10 Chadwell Heath pharmacy to offer Covid-19 booster jabs with flu vaccine