Petrol stations across Redbridge run out of petrol and diesel
A number of petrol stations in Redbridge have run out of fuel after panic buying saw pumps run dry.
The Esso petrol station in Green Lane, Ilford ran out of petrol and diesel last night, with a delivery of fuel possible tonight according to workers.
Queuing cars caused a traffic hazard in Ilford Lane, Ilford yesterday as drivers tried to fill up at the Shell petrol station. The pumps ran dry yesterday evening.
A worker said: “Everyone’s been panicking and buying fuel. There have been long queues.”
Oakhill Service Station in Woodford New Road, Woodford Green ran out of petrol and diesel this morning, with staff not expecting a delivery of fuel until Sunday.
You may also want to watch:
Mayfield Self Serve in Green Lane, Goodmayes is “close to running out” of petrol according to a member of staff, while a worker at Shell in Southend Road, Woodford Green said the pumps are likely to run out of fuel “within an hour”.
The BP petrol station in Eastern Avenue, Newbury Park told the Recorder it has not run out of either petrol or diesel, while there are long queues at both the Esso petrol station in High Road, Seven Kings and the Tesco petrol station in High Road, Goodmayes.
- 1 'Uproar' at decision to fell protected oak tree in Hainault
- 2 Former Homebase development plans approved
- 3 Woodford Green and Forest Gate residents criticise councils over flooding
- 4 Water company apologises for phone line waits as flood response branded 'woefully inadequate'
- 5 More than £5m worth of stolen vehicles recovered in first Redbridge Action Week
- 6 Mum plans to use Raine's Foundation site for new East Park church school
- 7 Inquest: Newham driver died of 'misadventure' after Redbridge police chase
- 8 Cost of damage runs into thousands as Clayhall street clears up after floods
- 9 Tributes paid to Seven Kings activist who 'always fought injustice'
- 10 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
Have you been stuck in queues while waiting to fill up your vehicle? Are you having to drive long distances to find a petrol station with fuel? Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, call 020 8477 3806, or tweet us @ilfordreorder.