Petition to save The Lord Napier pub in Goodmayes from flats development nears 1,000 signatures
- Credit: Archant
More than 800 people have signed a petition to save a pub in Goodmayes.
As the Recorder reported last week, campaigners are trying to save The Lord Napier pub in Green Lane which is up for sale.
It is believed developers have expressed an interest in turning it into flats.
So far the petition has 837 signatures and campaigners hope it will reach the 1,000 mark by the end of June.
Leading the efforts is pub regular Morag McCall who says that it is a pillar of the community which should be saved.
You may also want to watch:
• To get involved, visit www.change.org/en-GB and search for The Lord Napier.
- 1 ‘Game-changing’ kebab chain to open Barkingside branch
- 2 South Woodford curry house named best in the nation
- 3 East London police officer charged with rape
- 4 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 5 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 6 More strike action planned in Newbury Park school dispute
- 7 Roof damaged in Seven Kings house fire
- 8 Opera star Jonathan Antoine to return to the stage ahead of US tour
- 9 Where to go for Italian food in Redbridge, according to TripAdvisor
- 10 Thirteen-year-old boy attacked in Ilford