Petition to save The Lord Napier pub in Goodmayes from flats development nears 1,000 signatures
- Credit: Archant
More than 800 people have signed a petition to save a pub in Goodmayes.
As the Recorder reported last week, campaigners are trying to save The Lord Napier pub in Green Lane which is up for sale.
It is believed developers have expressed an interest in turning it into flats.
So far the petition has 837 signatures and campaigners hope it will reach the 1,000 mark by the end of June.
Leading the efforts is pub regular Morag McCall who says that it is a pillar of the community which should be saved.
You may also want to watch:
• To get involved, visit www.change.org/en-GB and search for The Lord Napier.
- 1 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 2 Newbury Park supermarket security staff step in to help man in crisis
- 3 Covid jabs available at town hall clinic
- 4 Council dishes out £7k of fines in fly-tipping crackdown
- 5 Doctor struck off after working underqualified for locum shifts
- 6 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 7 Businesses find cannabis growing in their flower pots
- 8 Two arrests after alleged assault on teen in Newbury Park
- 9 Average Redbridge house price nearly £30k higher than last year
- 10 Strike over Covid working dispute begins at Oaks Park High School