Petition seeks to improve ‘terrifying’ Redbridge Roundabout
- Credit: Archant
More than 800 people have signed a petition demanding action to improve safety at the heavily congested Redbridge Roundabout.
The Redbridge Roundabout Action Group has launched the petition with the aim of attracting the 1,200 signatures required for Redbridge Council to debate the issue.
It is hoped the council will pressure Transport for London to take action, particularly to help those cars joining the roundabout from Redbridge Lane East.
Alan Haymes, of the Redbridge Roundabout Group, said: “We have about 400 signatures online. On paper we have about another 400. We are two-thirds of the way there.
“It really is a big problem. I think there’s a huge number of accidents. You can see it’s very scary and very frightening. Even experienced drivers find it a terrifying experience.”
You may also want to watch:
Alongside the paper and digital petition more than 200 messages have been left on the petition website, many of which express safety concerns.
One comment reads ‘This is one of the most dangerous roundabouts that I have come across in my 20 years of driving. Every time you go on to the roundabout from Redbridge Lane East it is like taking your life in your own hands’.
- 1 Mercato Ilford 'delayed again' as council pushes for Christmas opening
- 2 'Not acceptable': Residents mount opposition to plumbers' building plan
- 3 ‘Hard to comprehend’: MPs react as Sir David Amess dies after stabbing
- 4 Two more police 'enforcement hubs' to open in Redbridge
- 5 'Sick and tired': More restaurants fall victim to Just Eat scammers
- 6 The most expensive houses sold in your east London borough in August
- 7 Five veggie-friendly restaurants in Redbridge, courtesy of TripAdvisor
- 8 Six cars damaged and lamppost felled in late-night Loxford crash
- 9 Cross-party group demands mayor reject Tesco Goodmayes development
- 10 Chadwell Heath pharmacy to offer Covid-19 booster jabs with flu vaccine
To add your signature go to: www.ipetitions.com/petition/redbridge-roundabout-petition