Petition over Loxford Lane prostitutes
A petition signed by 2,528 Redbridge residents urging police to rid Ilford of prostitution has been handed in.
Led by Cllr Filly Maravala, the petition will be presented to Redbridge Council later this year.
Parts of Loxford Lane and Mortlake Road, Ilford are used nightly by kerb crawlers, which residents complain creates noise and rubbish is often left by prostitutes.
Cllr Maravala said: “I’ve been out day and night, weekends, at all times to get this petition ready.
“The people of Ilford don’t deserve this. Families’ lives are being made a misery by these inconsiderate people.” Last year, police and Redbridge Council worked together to cut back trees and plants in the area to open it up and make it harder for prostitutes to hide from authorities.
You may also want to watch:
But Cllr Maravala said the problem was back within weeks.
“If the police can ease the problem for King’s Cross, then I don’t see why they can’t do the same for Ilford,” he added.
- 1 Medics treat six people after three-car crash in Ilford
- 2 Valentines Park bench dedicated to couple described as 'pillars of community'
- 3 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 4 Three new items Redbridge residents can recycle
- 5 Man dies after fall near Hainault station
- 6 Thames Water says its drainage systems did not fail during flash floods
- 7 Covid cases drop at Queen’s and King George hospitals
- 8 Driver in critical condition after Ilford shop crash
- 9 Jailed: ‘Opportunistic predator’ who kidnapped and raped woman
- 10 Fireaway pizza branch to open in South Woodford