Petition over Loxford Lane prostitutes
A petition signed by 2,528 Redbridge residents urging police to rid Ilford of prostitution has been handed in.
Led by Cllr Filly Maravala, the petition will be presented to Redbridge Council later this year.
Parts of Loxford Lane and Mortlake Road, Ilford are used nightly by kerb crawlers, which residents complain creates noise and rubbish is often left by prostitutes.
Cllr Maravala said: “I’ve been out day and night, weekends, at all times to get this petition ready.
“The people of Ilford don’t deserve this. Families’ lives are being made a misery by these inconsiderate people.” Last year, police and Redbridge Council worked together to cut back trees and plants in the area to open it up and make it harder for prostitutes to hide from authorities.
You may also want to watch:
But Cllr Maravala said the problem was back within weeks.
“If the police can ease the problem for King’s Cross, then I don’t see why they can’t do the same for Ilford,” he added.
- 1 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 2 Doctor struck off after working underqualified for locum shifts
- 3 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 4 Two arrests after alleged assault on teen in Newbury Park
- 5 Fire at Ilford Lane shop was accidental, brigade says
- 6 Average Redbridge house price nearly £30k higher than last year
- 7 Strike over Covid working dispute begins at Oaks Park High School
- 8 Businesses find cannabis growing in their flower pots
- 9 School Streets scheme to expand in September
- 10 Delta variant accounts for majority of Covid cases in much of east London