Personal reasons rule out Orient goalkeeper Ben Alnwick
- Credit: EMPICS Sport
Orient goalkeeper Ben Alnwick has been signed off for unspecified medical reasons.
The stopper joined the O’s on deadline day last Friday after signing an 18-month contract from Charlton Athletic.
He had been due to make his second home debut for the club against Peterborough tomorrow but an Orient statement said: “A personal situation has arisen in the last few days which is preventing Ben from training or playing in matches.”
It has become a problem position for manager Russell Slade. First choice Jamie Jones is a long-term absentee with a back injury and Eldin Jakupovic was recalled by parent club Hull City after a successful loan spell.
Alnwick made his debut in last weekend’s defeat by Rotherham but again youngster Jake Larkins is left as the only fit, available senior goalkeeper at the club.
You may also want to watch:
The emergency loan window opens tomorrow and the League One side are reportedly looking to sign Shwan Jalal on a one-month loan in time for Posh’s visit.
- 1 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff
- 2 Co-living development green-lit by council despite 'rabbit hutch' rooms
- 3 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 4 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 5 Nine Redbridge parks retain Green Flag Award status
- 6 Vulnerable woman dies burning charcoal for warmth after gas and electricity are cut off
- 7 Seven Kings School celebrates 90th birthday with fair
- 8 Met Office warns of flooding risk with heavy rain set to hit London
- 9 Iain Duncan Smith reveals death threat as MPs pay tribute to 'unfailingly kind' colleague
- 10 Mercato Ilford 'delayed again' as council pushes for Christmas opening