Personal reasons rule out Orient goalkeeper Ben Alnwick
- Credit: EMPICS Sport
Orient goalkeeper Ben Alnwick has been signed off for unspecified medical reasons.
The stopper joined the O’s on deadline day last Friday after signing an 18-month contract from Charlton Athletic.
He had been due to make his second home debut for the club against Peterborough tomorrow but an Orient statement said: “A personal situation has arisen in the last few days which is preventing Ben from training or playing in matches.”
It has become a problem position for manager Russell Slade. First choice Jamie Jones is a long-term absentee with a back injury and Eldin Jakupovic was recalled by parent club Hull City after a successful loan spell.
Alnwick made his debut in last weekend’s defeat by Rotherham but again youngster Jake Larkins is left as the only fit, available senior goalkeeper at the club.
You may also want to watch:
The emergency loan window opens tomorrow and the League One side are reportedly looking to sign Shwan Jalal on a one-month loan in time for Posh’s visit.
- 1 Two arrests after alleged assault on teen in Newbury Park
- 2 Strike over Covid working dispute begins at Oaks Park High School
- 3 Thousands sign petition opposing gas company plan to take over allotments
- 4 New trees to be planted at Fairlop Waters
- 5 Former Met worker sentenced for stealing lost property cash
- 6 Ilford primary teacher joins campaign to get people teaching
- 7 Woodford Green pupil reaches final of national science and engineering competition
- 8 'Beyond my wildest dreams': Redbridge tutor receives MBE
- 9 Ilford charity boss named in Queen’s Birthday Honours
- 10 Redbridge pupils shortlisted in competition to design Olympic Park pavilion