Person killed after being hit by train at Seven Kings station
- Credit: Archant
A person has been killed after being hit by a train near Seven Kings station.
Emergency services are currently at the scene after the incident happened after 4pm.
British Transport Police and Met Police officers attended after being called at 4.17pm and it is currently being treated as non-suspicious.
An air ambulance landed inside the playground of the neighbouring Palmer Catholic Academy, of Aldborough Road South.
Medics from London Ambulance Service also attended but the person was pronounced dead at the scene.
You may also want to watch:
Enquiries are ongoing to establish the identity of the person and inform their family. No train services are running between Shenfield and London and all four lines are shut.
Greater Anglia said disruption is expected with the service until 6pm.
- 1 Mercato Ilford 'delayed again' as council pushes for Christmas opening
- 2 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 3 'Not acceptable': Residents mount opposition to plumbers' building plan
- 4 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 5 Two more police 'enforcement hubs' to open in Redbridge
- 6 Jailed: Men who laundered £25m from cash and carry warehouses
- 7 Cross-party group demands mayor reject Tesco Goodmayes development
- 8 The most expensive houses sold in your east London borough in August
- 9 Police warn of 'violence, urination' as takeaway applies for late licence
- 10 'Sick and tired': More restaurants fall victim to Just Eat scammers
More to follow.