Perfect pooches compete to be top dog in Wanstead show
- Credit: Archant
Tails were wagging but teeth were bared as some of Redbridge’s proudest pooches competed for the title of Wanstead’s top dog on Sunday.
The second Wanstead Dog Show, in Christ Church Gardens, Wanstead Place, drew hundreds of competitors in categories from “best rescue dog” to “best beard”.
Five-year-old Bambi, a Cavalier King Charles spaniel, won the prize for “waggiest tail”, while Billy the German Shepherd was the best dog and Diamond, a Staffordshire Bull Terrier, was best bitch.
Nearby pet shop Heads and Tails in High Street, Wanstead, provided treats for the competitors and staff from Aldersbrook Dog Training sat on the judging panel.
Hundreds of dog owners and spectators turned out to see the show, which followed in the paw prints of last year’s event.
You may also want to watch:
Proceeds go to the Parish of Wanstead to raise money to restore the roof of the 150-year-old Christ Church.
Founder Jacqui Bull, 41, hopes to hold another dog show next year.
- 1 Upcycle and recycle market coming to former Goodmayes Homebase site
- 2 Girl, 16, allegedly raped in Ilford park
- 3 Cash and jewellery taken in Ilford shop robbery
- 4 Car fire on A406 in South Woodford causing 'serious' delays
- 5 Seven charged after police crackdown on alleged county lines
- 6 MP Sam Tarry: 'Much more needs to be done to support local businesses'
- 7 Travelling in and out of Redbridge? Your guide to road and rail works
- 8 NHS pilot to end blood test services at two Redbridge sites
- 9 Lloyds Bank announces Gants Hill branch closure
- 10 Council leader hails 'affordable' housing development in Wanstead
She said: “The thing I really like about the show is how it brings together lots of different members of the community rather than the usual faces.
“It was so professional and looked just like a village in a shire somewhere rather than the middle of London.”