Pedestrian seriously hurt after Seven Kings road smash
A 21-YEAR old pedestrian has been seriously injured following a smash in which his head went through the windscreen of a car.
The man was in collision with a black Chevrolet in High Road, Seven Kings, at about 10.30am today.
A spokesman for the London Ambulance Service confirmed he had been taken to Queen’s Hospital, Romford as a “high priority”.
Witnesses say they heard a loud bang when the incident happened.
Russell Finch, who works in nearby Trade Link said: “We stopped what we were doing when we heard it and looked up.
You may also want to watch:
“It appears like it was just a tragic accident.
“No one sets off to work in their car thinking they are going to knock someone down.”
- 1 Woman's body found in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Ilford mosque attendees attacked with eggs and stones
- 3 Police car flips over in Chadwell Heath collision
- 4 Man stabbed in Goodmayes
- 5 Detectives hunt for knifepoint phone robber in Woodford Green
- 6 Animals bite rubbish after wheelie bin delivery delay
- 7 Appeal to help find missing girl who may be in Dagenham, Ilford or Stratford
- 8 Crunch meeting fails to provide breakthrough in school sick pay dispute
- 9 Teen stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 10 Six males detained after alleged brawl in Gants Hill
He was flying up in the air and when he landed on the windscreen there was blood everywhere.” Police on the scene confirmed the man was seriously injured and had been stretchered away immediately to hospital.
It is not thought the driver was injured.
A number 86 bus travelling from Romford to Stratford was stopped next to the accident scene as police retrieved CCTV in an attempt to piece together what caused the accident.
The road was cordoned off from the scene outside St Cedd’s Catholic Church, down towards Barley Lane junction as road traffic police gathered evidence around the scene.