Pearly queen shakes a leg at Chigwell nursing home
- Credit: Archant
A nursing home fell in love with all things East End as a pearly queen opened one of its renamed units.
Sherrell House in Fencepiece Road, Chigwell, welcomed the extravagantly decorated Doreen Golding to open the Pearly Kings and Queens unit last week.
Doreen danced the Charleston with resident Len Fisher while taking a guided tour of the building.
Residents enjoyed bubbly and a buffet to mark the special occasion.
Sherrell coordinator Lee-ann Kingwell said: “It went really well – everyone was really happy to meet the pearly queen – she’s a very nice lady.
You may also want to watch:
“It was really fun – it was as if the real queen visited to be fair!”
Lee-ann said of the residents: “I just love working with them because I get on really well with them and I like to think that we brighten up their day.”
- 1 Growing public support for tougher pet theft sentences
- 2 Consultation on proposed controlled parking zones to begin
- 3 Almost 250 homes without internet in Goodmayes after car accident takes out telecoms box
- 4 Surplus of primary school places now but shortage expected within 10 years
- 5 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 6 GPs roll up their sleeves to support colleagues at Queen's Hospital
- 7 Redevelopment plans likely to be approved despite 144 objections
- 8 CCTV still issued of man sought in 'vicious and unprovoked' attack in broad daylight in Barkingside supermarket
- 9 Covid outbreak at Woodford Green care home delays vaccinations
- 10 Royal Mail lists six Redbridge postcodes hit by Covid postal delays