Paws for a cause - dog walk raises money for Woodford Green hospice
Dog owners took their furry friends on a very long walk on Sunday in aid of Haven House.
As part of the Woodford Green hospice’s Pooches on the Plain event, the dogs completed a three-mile course on Chingford Plain, as well as a series of events and competitions.
Miss Essex, Amber Zakrzewski from Chingford, launched the sponsored walk with help from hospice mascot Henry the Hound.
Hospice chief executive Mike Palfreman said: “We are always looking at fun ways to get the local community involved in fundraising for the hospice and this includes our local canine population.
“The dog walk is a great event in the beautiful surroundings of Epping Forest and raises much needed funds for our work with life-limited and life-threatened children in the local area.”
You may also want to watch:
The bi-annual event was sponsored by Goddard Vetinary Group and Forest Vetinary Centre.
- 1 Mercato Ilford 'delayed again' as council pushes for Christmas opening
- 2 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 3 'Not acceptable': Residents mount opposition to plumbers' building plan
- 4 Cross-party group demands mayor reject Tesco Goodmayes development
- 5 'Sick and tired': More restaurants fall victim to Just Eat scammers
- 6 Two more police 'enforcement hubs' to open in Redbridge
- 7 Jailed: Men who laundered £25m from cash and carry warehouses
- 8 The most expensive houses sold in your east London borough in August
- 9 Chadwell Heath pharmacy to offer Covid-19 booster jabs with flu vaccine
- 10 Six cars damaged and lamppost felled in late-night Loxford crash