Paws for a cause - dog walk raises money for Woodford Green hospice
Dog owners took their furry friends on a very long walk on Sunday in aid of Haven House.
As part of the Woodford Green hospice’s Pooches on the Plain event, the dogs completed a three-mile course on Chingford Plain, as well as a series of events and competitions.
Miss Essex, Amber Zakrzewski from Chingford, launched the sponsored walk with help from hospice mascot Henry the Hound.
Hospice chief executive Mike Palfreman said: “We are always looking at fun ways to get the local community involved in fundraising for the hospice and this includes our local canine population.
“The dog walk is a great event in the beautiful surroundings of Epping Forest and raises much needed funds for our work with life-limited and life-threatened children in the local area.”
You may also want to watch:
The bi-annual event was sponsored by Goddard Vetinary Group and Forest Vetinary Centre.
- 1 Chadwell Heath death: Barking man charged with murder of Maria Rawlings
- 2 Ilford care home turned into studio flats for rough sleepers
- 3 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 4 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 5 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 6 Maria Rawlings death: Man arrested on suspicion of murder
- 7 New councillors for Loxford and Seven Kings react to by-election wins
- 8 Cannabis and rambo knife sniffed out by police dog in Gants Hill bust
- 9 Murder probe launched after mother-of-two’s body found in Chadwell Heath
- 10 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'