Minicab driver assaulted by knife-wielding passenger in Ilford
- Credit: Archant
A minicab driver was taken hospital after reportedly being assaulted by a knife-wielding passenger in Ilford.
Police were called to reports of a man suffering head injuries in Winston Way at around 7am today, March 19.
The victim – a minicab driver aged in his 50s - told officers he had been assaulted by a passenger who was in possession of a knife.
Paramedics also attended and took the man to hospital for treatment. He has now been discharged.
A 44-year-old woman was arrested nearby on suspicion of GBH and possession of an offensive weapon.
You may also want to watch:
She remains in custody at an east London police station.
Inquiries into the circumstances continue.
- 1 South African Covid variant found in Ilford, 'surge testing' to begin
- 2 Classic movie screenings coming to Valentines Park this summer
- 3 Man arrested in east London for terrorist offences
- 4 Stormzy surprises 'Lemonade for Yemen-Aid' boys with Gold Blue Peter badges
- 5 Ilford BID hosts webinar to help businesses out of lockdown
- 6 Appeal to trace man following brutal Ilford gang rape
- 7 Ilford driver slapped with School Streets fine after vandal turns sign the wrong way
- 8 Legendary street artists transform Ilford
- 9 More than 11,000 jobs at risk in Ilford North, MP says
- 10 Ilford mosque and cemetery transformed into pop-up vaccine clinic