Part road closure in George Lane, South Woodford, for water main repairs
A South Woodford road is partly closed for repairs on a water pipe for the second time this year.
Buses and traffic are being diverted in George Lane while planned repairs are carried out on the pipe near Marks and Spencer.
Only vehicles coming southbound from the High Road junction are being diverted and traffic is flowing normally in the other direction.
In April, a burst main caused days of disruption when the force of the water ruptured the road surface.
A Thames Water spokesman said: “We repaired a leaking water pipe overnight in George Lane. The road is expected to fully reopen by 3pm.
You may also want to watch:
“It is the same area which suffered a leak in April.
“This is clearly frustrating for our customers and again we apologise for any inconvenience.”
- 1 Neighbours slam council over Christchurch Green kiosk approval
- 2 Medics treat six people after three-car crash in Ilford
- 3 Best places to have a curry in Redbridge as chosen by readers
- 4 'Last of a dying breed': Ilford pub scoops readers' vote honour
- 5 Award for officers who tackled knife-wielding man at Ilford station
- 6 Bereaved dad's marathon tribute to son who died of rare brain disorder
- 7 Coffee fanatics to open 'lively' new coffee shop in Redbridge
- 8 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 9 Three new items Redbridge residents can recycle
- 10 Man dies after fall near Hainault station
Did you see the burst main? Send your pictures to email@example.com.