Part road closure in George Lane, South Woodford, for water main repairs
A South Woodford road is partly closed for repairs on a water pipe for the second time this year.
Buses and traffic are being diverted in George Lane while planned repairs are carried out on the pipe near Marks and Spencer.
Only vehicles coming southbound from the High Road junction are being diverted and traffic is flowing normally in the other direction.
In April, a burst main caused days of disruption when the force of the water ruptured the road surface.
A Thames Water spokesman said: “We repaired a leaking water pipe overnight in George Lane. The road is expected to fully reopen by 3pm.
You may also want to watch:
“It is the same area which suffered a leak in April.
“This is clearly frustrating for our customers and again we apologise for any inconvenience.”
- 1 Two arrests after alleged assault on teen in Newbury Park
- 2 Strike over Covid working dispute begins at Oaks Park High School
- 3 Thousands sign petition opposing gas company plan to take over allotments
- 4 New trees to be planted at Fairlop Waters
- 5 Former Met worker sentenced for stealing lost property cash
- 6 Ilford primary teacher joins campaign to get people teaching
- 7 Woodford Green pupil reaches final of national science and engineering competition
- 8 'Beyond my wildest dreams': Redbridge tutor receives MBE
- 9 Ilford charity boss named in Queen’s Birthday Honours
- 10 Redbridge pupils shortlisted in competition to design Olympic Park pavilion
Did you see the burst main? Send your pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org.