Parking charges dropped to 30p for 30mins in Redbridge high streets for Christmas
Shoppers can now pay 30p for 30 minutes parking in Redbridge high streets as the Christmas shopping frenzy starts.
Redbridge Council rolled the reduced charges out in Ilford, South Woodford, Barkingside and Gants Hill on Tuesday.
Drivers will be charged 30p for 30 minutes for on-street pay and display areas and 30p for 20 minutes in Ilford Town Centre, where it previously cost 80p, indefinitely.
The new scheme aims to help increase trade from local businesses in response to complaints from shops and residents over parking charges.
Cllr Shoaib Patel, cabinet member for transport, said: “It’s great that I’ve been able to deliver one of my promises and we’re in perfect time for Keep Trade Local Week.”
You may also want to watch:
If the lowered charges are kept, the council will lose £373,000 income a year.
- 1 Medics treat six people after three-car crash in Ilford
- 2 Valentines Park bench dedicated to couple described as 'pillars of community'
- 3 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 4 Three new items Redbridge residents can recycle
- 5 Man dies after fall near Hainault station
- 6 Thames Water says its drainage systems did not fail during flash floods
- 7 Covid cases drop at Queen’s and King George hospitals
- 8 Driver in critical condition after Ilford shop crash
- 9 Jailed: ‘Opportunistic predator’ who kidnapped and raped woman
- 10 Fireaway pizza branch to open in South Woodford