Parking charges dropped to 30p for 30mins in Redbridge high streets for Christmas
Shoppers can now pay 30p for 30 minutes parking in Redbridge high streets as the Christmas shopping frenzy starts.
Redbridge Council rolled the reduced charges out in Ilford, South Woodford, Barkingside and Gants Hill on Tuesday.
Drivers will be charged 30p for 30 minutes for on-street pay and display areas and 30p for 20 minutes in Ilford Town Centre, where it previously cost 80p, indefinitely.
The new scheme aims to help increase trade from local businesses in response to complaints from shops and residents over parking charges.
Cllr Shoaib Patel, cabinet member for transport, said: “It’s great that I’ve been able to deliver one of my promises and we’re in perfect time for Keep Trade Local Week.”
You may also want to watch:
If the lowered charges are kept, the council will lose £373,000 income a year.
- 1 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 2 Doctor struck off after working underqualified for locum shifts
- 3 Average Redbridge house price nearly £30k higher than last year
- 4 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 5 Businesses find cannabis growing in their flower pots
- 6 Newbury Park supermarket security staff step in to help man in crisis
- 7 Two arrests after alleged assault on teen in Newbury Park
- 8 Fire at Ilford Lane shop was accidental, brigade says
- 9 Covid jabs available at town hall clinic
- 10 Hainault woman celebrates 100th birthday with mayoral visit