Parked Redbridge Council van flipped over by BMW in late night crash
A Redbridge Council van was flipped over and hurled through a fence in a bizarre car crash last night.
The van, which witnesses said had been parked, was left lying upside down with the driver’s seat almost completely crushed after the accident in Barley Lane, Goodmayes.
The BMW convertible that hit it was left nearby with its bonnet completely crumpled.
Paramedics coincidentally passing in an ambulance stopped at the scene shortly after midnight, but found no one there.
Fortunately, the council van was empty and parked at the time of the crash but and the car driver walked away without serious injuries.
You may also want to watch:
A witness, who did not want to be named, said: “I was watching a film and I heard a loud crash. It sounded like thunder but louder.
“The van was parked, it’s always there. I saw ambulances but no one was injured.”
- 1 Eatery 'at risk of closure' as scammers exploit Just Eat loophole
- 2 Seven Kings barbers closes after 62 years in business
- 3 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 4 Ilford grandfather to run 37th London Marathon months after Covid battle
- 5 Council to approve children's performances after monkey costume scandal
- 6 'Grab this chance to save her life': Wanstead woman battling chronic illness urgently needs £200k for surgeries
- 7 Best places to have a curry in Redbridge as chosen by readers
- 8 Road and rail round-up: Steer clear of these disruptions next week
- 9 Coffee fanatics to open 'lively' new coffee shop in Redbridge
- 10 Medics treat six people after three-car crash in Ilford
A Redbridge Police spokesman said the BMW driver left the scene to go to a nearby address.
He was arrested for driving under the influence of alcohol. Enquiries continue.