Parked Redbridge Council van flipped over by BMW in late night crash
A Redbridge Council van was flipped over and hurled through a fence in a bizarre car crash last night.
The van, which witnesses said had been parked, was left lying upside down with the driver’s seat almost completely crushed after the accident in Barley Lane, Goodmayes.
The BMW convertible that hit it was left nearby with its bonnet completely crumpled.
Paramedics coincidentally passing in an ambulance stopped at the scene shortly after midnight, but found no one there.
Fortunately, the council van was empty and parked at the time of the crash but and the car driver walked away without serious injuries.
You may also want to watch:
A witness, who did not want to be named, said: “I was watching a film and I heard a loud crash. It sounded like thunder but louder.
“The van was parked, it’s always there. I saw ambulances but no one was injured.”
- 1 Upcycle and recycle market coming to former Goodmayes Homebase site
- 2 Girl, 16, allegedly raped in Ilford park
- 3 Cash and jewellery taken in Ilford shop robbery
- 4 Car fire on A406 in South Woodford causing 'serious' delays
- 5 Seven charged after police crackdown on alleged county lines
- 6 MP Sam Tarry: 'Much more needs to be done to support local businesses'
- 7 NHS pilot to end blood test services at two Redbridge sites
- 8 Travelling in and out of Redbridge? Your guide to road and rail works
- 9 Lloyds Bank announces Gants Hill branch closure
- 10 Council leader hails 'affordable' housing development in Wanstead
A Redbridge Police spokesman said the BMW driver left the scene to go to a nearby address.
He was arrested for driving under the influence of alcohol. Enquiries continue.