Paris shooting suspect Abdelhakim Dekhar ‘lived and got married in Ilford’
The man accused of critically wounding a photographer in a shooting at a French newspaper lived and was married in Ilford.
Abdelhakim Dekhar, 48, was arrested last week after a string of attacks including two others at a television station and bank, where no one was hurt.
He had already serviced time in prison for involvement in Paris shootings with two suspected anarchists in 1994.
French authorities believe he fled to England shortly after his release in 1998.
Electoral records show Dekhar lived in Churchill Court, Albert Road, in the early 2000s, when he is believed to have married a Turkish student.
You may also want to watch:
In an interview with targeted French television station BFMTV, Dekhar’s former Ilford neighbour Alfred Green said described being a witness at the wedding.
He said: “All I remember is that we bumped into them and he asked us: ‘will you be our witnesses?’
- 1 Upcycle and recycle market coming to former Goodmayes Homebase site
- 2 Girl, 16, allegedly raped in Ilford park
- 3 Cash and jewellery taken in Ilford shop robbery
- 4 Car fire on A406 in South Woodford causing 'serious' delays
- 5 Seven charged after police crackdown on alleged county lines
- 6 MP Sam Tarry: 'Much more needs to be done to support local businesses'
- 7 NHS pilot to end blood test services at two Redbridge sites
- 8 Travelling in and out of Redbridge? Your guide to road and rail works
- 9 Lloyds Bank announces Gants Hill branch closure
- 10 Council leader hails 'affordable' housing development in Wanstead
“We said yes, we went there and we there when they were married.
“I guess because we are older, they had more confidence in us than if we were young. “Now I find it hard to believe we didn’t know.
“You never know what people are capable of.”
Did you know Dekhar while he lived in Ilford? Call us on 0208 477 3821 or email email@example.com.