Paris shooting suspect Abdelhakim Dekhar ‘lived and got married in Ilford’
The man accused of critically wounding a photographer in a shooting at a French newspaper lived and was married in Ilford.
Abdelhakim Dekhar, 48, was arrested last week after a string of attacks including two others at a television station and bank, where no one was hurt.
He had already serviced time in prison for involvement in Paris shootings with two suspected anarchists in 1994.
French authorities believe he fled to England shortly after his release in 1998.
Electoral records show Dekhar lived in Churchill Court, Albert Road, in the early 2000s, when he is believed to have married a Turkish student.
You may also want to watch:
In an interview with targeted French television station BFMTV, Dekhar’s former Ilford neighbour Alfred Green said described being a witness at the wedding.
He said: “All I remember is that we bumped into them and he asked us: ‘will you be our witnesses?’
- 1 Thirteen-year-old boy stabbed in Ilford
- 2 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff
- 3 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 4 Vulnerable woman dies burning charcoal for warmth after gas and electricity are cut off
- 5 Co-living development green-lit by council despite 'rabbit hutch' rooms
- 6 Young Citizen nominee: Esha, 4, who inspired thousands to join bone marrow donor list
- 7 Seven Kings School celebrates 90th birthday with fair
- 8 16-year-old arrested after woman reports sexual assault in South Woodford
- 9 Met Office warns of flooding risk with heavy rain set to hit London
- 10 Hainault community garden gets £85k for 'ecotherapy' scheme
“We said yes, we went there and we there when they were married.
“I guess because we are older, they had more confidence in us than if we were young. “Now I find it hard to believe we didn’t know.
“You never know what people are capable of.”
Did you know Dekhar while he lived in Ilford? Call us on 0208 477 3821 or email email@example.com.