Paris, New York, and last stop Essex
ESSEX’S “first fashion week” will enjoy a high profile debut in Gants Hill as it is set to feature in ITV2’s reality soap The Only Way Is Essex.
The event is being organised by brothers Simon and Adam Ryan, who run One Off One You, a fashion label based in Chigwell, as well as an events company.
The pair, who are both from Chigwell, feature in the TV programme and Adam revealed Monday’s fashion show at Faces nightclub in Cranbrook Road, is set to play a part in the series.
“It may only be the first fashion show in Essex, but we want it to become a regular thing every year,” he said.
One of the show’s main characters, feisty Lauren Goodger, from Buckhurst Hill, bagged a job as marketing and events co-ordinator for the fashion week, after an interview in the second episode, which was broadcast on Wednesday of last week.
“No one saw, but her interview lasted for about 45 minutes,” said Adam. “We had so many applications for the job, but Lauren really smashed it, she was by far the best.”
Adam added that excited fashion fans could expect a night that would mark a legacy.
- 1 Rat-running lorry drivers in Redbridge face fines of up to £130
- 2 Goodmayes 'loner' found dead in 'dilapidated' flat leaves £400k fortune
- 3 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 4 ‘It is not tolerated’: CCTV images released after West Ham game disorder
- 5 Percentage of unvaccinated hospital staff revealed as mandatory jab deadline looms
- 6 Travel Bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
- 7 Ex-police officer served for four years after being accused of 'sexual and physical assaults'
- 8 Appeal after motorcyclist killed in hit and run in Redbridge
- 9 How council teams tackle fly-tipping in Redbridge
- 10 Councils with low Covid vaccine rates given funds to help people get jabbed
“This first event will be a pilot for what we hope will be a new legacy in Essex.
“We have organised a catwalk, singers, football freestyling and an aftershow party.
“Of course it’s going to be a bit tongue-in-cheek though.”
The nightclub’s general manager Tony Hurrell said the venue would look fantastic for the evening.
“The club already looks great, but we’re planning to really go to town with this evening, he added.”
The week will also consist of a Halloween fashion show and photoshoot at Red Mantra in George Lane, South Woodford on Saturday.
The Only Way is Essex has been described as a cross between a soap, a documentary and a reality show, and follows the lives of a group of young people.
The show has attracted criticism for endorsing stereotype images of Essex people, but some commentators have said it is just harmless fun.
Tickets for the show at Faces cost �15 and are available by calling 020 8554 8899.