Parents warned to be vigilant after attempted child abduction in Ilford
PUBLISHED: 12:00 13 October 2016
The parents of an 11-year-old boy who was targeted by three men in a terrifying attempted abduction have warned members of the public to be vigilant.
Three men tried to persuade Imran Miah to get into their car just metres from his home, in Vicarage Lane, Ilford, as he walked from school on Wednesday last week.
Redbridge police confirmed they are investigating the incident and said officers have increased patrols in the area.
Imran’s father Suhel Miah, 40, a gas engineer, warned the men they would be caught.
“It’s horrifying,” he added.
“Me and my wife can’t let our son walk home alone now.”
Imran was walking home from Isaac Newton Academy, Cricklefield Place, Ilford, when the three men, described as white and driving a red car, started shouting at him to get into the car.
They drove off after a brave 12-year-old boy, also a pupil at the school, shouted back at them.
“It was scary,” said Imran.
“I have had bad dreams about it.”
Imran’s mother Shabana Kashem, 36, described it as “every parent’s worst nightmare”.
“It’s horrible, I couldn’t believe it,” she said.
“I’m very reluctant to let him out of my sight now.”
Shabana is warning members of the public to remain aware.
She told the Recorder: “We should all be vigilant for ourselves and other people’s kids.”
A spokesman for Redbridge police said: “Enquiries continue to trace the car and the men involved.
“Patrols in the area have been increased to provide reassurance.”
Pick up a copy of today’s Recorder for the full story.
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Ilford Recorder. Click the link in the orange box above for details.