Overturned lorry causes rush hour travel chaos in Hainault
An overturned lorry caused rush hour chaos this morning when it blocked part of a busy Hainault road.
The white Iveco vehicle toppled over on the eastbound carriageway of Romford Road shortly after 6am this morning.
A London Ambulance Service spokesman said three cars and a scooter were also involved in the crash.
Three ambulances were sent to the scene but no one was seriously hurt.
Two men and a woman were taken to Queen’s Hospital, Romford, with minor injuries.
You may also want to watch:
It is not known what caused the lorry to tip over.
Police closed the road between the junction with Fowler Road and Whalebone Lane North while the accident was cleared.
- 1 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 2 Doctor struck off after working underqualified for locum shifts
- 3 Average Redbridge house price nearly £30k higher than last year
- 4 Businesses find cannabis growing in their flower pots
- 5 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 6 Newbury Park supermarket security staff step in to help man in crisis
- 7 Two arrests after alleged assault on teen in Newbury Park
- 8 Fire at Ilford Lane shop was accidental, brigade says
- 9 Covid jabs available at town hall clinic
- 10 Hainault woman celebrates 100th birthday with mayoral visit
Commuters reported long queues and buses were diverted because of the congestion but a police spokesman said traffic is now clearing.
Did you see the accident or take a picture? Let us know on 0208 477 3821 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.