Overturned lorry causes rush hour travel chaos in Hainault
An overturned lorry caused rush hour chaos this morning when it blocked part of a busy Hainault road.
The white Iveco vehicle toppled over on the eastbound carriageway of Romford Road shortly after 6am this morning.
A London Ambulance Service spokesman said three cars and a scooter were also involved in the crash.
Three ambulances were sent to the scene but no one was seriously hurt.
Two men and a woman were taken to Queen’s Hospital, Romford, with minor injuries.
You may also want to watch:
It is not known what caused the lorry to tip over.
Police closed the road between the junction with Fowler Road and Whalebone Lane North while the accident was cleared.
- 1 Medics treat six people after three-car crash in Ilford
- 2 Valentines Park bench dedicated to couple described as 'pillars of community'
- 3 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 4 Three new items Redbridge residents can recycle
- 5 Man dies after fall near Hainault station
- 6 Thames Water says its drainage systems did not fail during flash floods
- 7 Covid cases drop at Queen’s and King George hospitals
- 8 Driver in critical condition after Ilford shop crash
- 9 Jailed: ‘Opportunistic predator’ who kidnapped and raped woman
- 10 Fireaway pizza branch to open in South Woodford
Commuters reported long queues and buses were diverted because of the congestion but a police spokesman said traffic is now clearing.
Did you see the accident or take a picture? Let us know on 0208 477 3821 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.