Outdoor cinema, entertainment and games in Ilford tomorrow for street festival
A residential road in Ilford is transforming into an outdoor cinema tomorrow as part of a mini arts festival.
The Redbridge Green Fair joined with residents to put on the entertainment extravaganza in Toronto Road.
Starting with arts, sporting activities and live music, the day will finish off with an outdoor screening of the film Mama Mia.
The event will be environmentally friendly as nearly everything and everyone comes from the nearby estates.
Redbridge Green Fair chairman Ros Southern said: “We are not organising a Green Fair this year and we wanted to do something that included our two themes of the ‘environment’ and ‘community’.
You may also want to watch:
“It is very exciting to see how each day more people become interested and involved.”
The festival is being partly funded by charity Community First, which encourages events to bring neighbours together.
- 1 Girl, 16, allegedly raped in Ilford park
- 2 Travelling in and out of Redbridge? Your guide to road and rail works
- 3 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 4 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 5 Newbury Park supermarket security staff step in to help man in crisis
- 6 Doctor struck off after working underqualified for locum shifts
- 7 Businesses find cannabis growing in their flower pots
- 8 Council dishes out £7k of fines in fly-tipping crackdown
- 9 Ambulance stations to close and be replaced by single centre, LAS reveals
- 10 Woodford Green bomb scare declared false alarm
The film will be screened at 8pm on the wall of 56 Auckland Road, and visitors are asked to bring their own chairs and refreshments to the event.
The festival will run from 5-10pm. Go here for more information and a full list of events through the day.