Outdoor cinema, entertainment and games in Ilford tomorrow for street festival
A residential road in Ilford is transforming into an outdoor cinema tomorrow as part of a mini arts festival.
The Redbridge Green Fair joined with residents to put on the entertainment extravaganza in Toronto Road.
Starting with arts, sporting activities and live music, the day will finish off with an outdoor screening of the film Mama Mia.
The event will be environmentally friendly as nearly everything and everyone comes from the nearby estates.
Redbridge Green Fair chairman Ros Southern said: “We are not organising a Green Fair this year and we wanted to do something that included our two themes of the ‘environment’ and ‘community’.
You may also want to watch:
“It is very exciting to see how each day more people become interested and involved.”
The festival is being partly funded by charity Community First, which encourages events to bring neighbours together.
- 1 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
- 2 Man charged with murder after elderly woman found dead in bathtub in Clayhall home
- 3 Two men arrested in Chigwell on suspicion of kidnap
- 4 Ilford business owners adjust to new world on reopening
- 5 Barkingside axe attack: Man arrested on suspicion of attempted murder, police appeal for witnesses
- 6 Attempted murder arrest after woman seriously injured in Barkingside
- 7 Physical and mental health long-Covid rehab programme launches in Ilford
- 8 Temporary post office to open in South Woodford
- 9 Redbridge leisure centres reopen after latest easing of restrictions
- 10 BHRUT in capsule trial for detecting colorectal cancer
The film will be screened at 8pm on the wall of 56 Auckland Road, and visitors are asked to bring their own chairs and refreshments to the event.
The festival will run from 5-10pm. Go here for more information and a full list of events through the day.