Outdoor cinema, entertainment and games in Ilford tomorrow for street festival
A residential road in Ilford is transforming into an outdoor cinema tomorrow as part of a mini arts festival.
The Redbridge Green Fair joined with residents to put on the entertainment extravaganza in Toronto Road.
Starting with arts, sporting activities and live music, the day will finish off with an outdoor screening of the film Mama Mia.
The event will be environmentally friendly as nearly everything and everyone comes from the nearby estates.
Redbridge Green Fair chairman Ros Southern said: “We are not organising a Green Fair this year and we wanted to do something that included our two themes of the ‘environment’ and ‘community’.
You may also want to watch:
“It is very exciting to see how each day more people become interested and involved.”
The festival is being partly funded by charity Community First, which encourages events to bring neighbours together.
- 1 Medics treat six people after three-car crash in Ilford
- 2 Best places to have a curry in Redbridge as chosen by readers
- 3 Valentines Park bench dedicated to couple described as 'pillars of community'
- 4 Coffee fanatics to open 'lively' new café in Redbridge
- 5 Three new items Redbridge residents can recycle
- 6 Homebuilder steps back from proposals over rising projected costs
- 7 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 8 Ilford care home nominated for two national awards
- 9 Man dies after fall near Hainault station
- 10 Man rushed to hospital after being robbed and stabbed in Ilford
The film will be screened at 8pm on the wall of 56 Auckland Road, and visitors are asked to bring their own chairs and refreshments to the event.
The festival will run from 5-10pm. Go here for more information and a full list of events through the day.