Orient striker pens new deal
- Credit: Archant
Kevin Lisbie will remain with the club until 2014
Striker Kevin Lisbie has signed a one-year contract extension at Leyton Orient.
The 34-year-old’s current deal was due to expire in the summer, but the veteran forward has now put pen to paper to extend his stay.
Orient boss Russell Slade said: “Kevin is a huge player for us and to get his commitment moving forwards is massive. “He’s a class act and an excellent pro who offers us valuable experience and quality both on and off the pitch.
“He’s excellent with the younger players and they can learn a lot from him.
You may also want to watch:
“He attracted some interest in the transfer window so for him to see his future with us gives an indication of what we are building here and it’s great for the club.”
- 1 Teen dies after being stabbed in reported fight on Loxford street
- 2 East London police officer charged with rape
- 3 Man taken to 'trauma centre' after head injury at Hainault station
- 4 Murder investigation launched after fatal stabbing of teen in Loxford
- 5 Man charged in connection with alleged police car ramming in Ilford
- 6 ‘Game-changing’ kebab chain to open Barkingside branch
- 7 Mapped: Possession of weapons across east London
- 8 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 9 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 10 South Woodford curry house named best in the nation