Orient sign Shwan Jalal on loan from Bournemouth
- Credit: Archant
Goalkeeper Shwan Jalal has joined Leyton Orient on a one-month loan from Bournemouth.
The move comes as the O’s announced Ben Alnwick has been signed off for unspecified personal reasons.
The emergency loan window opens at midnight tonight and Jalal will be eligible to face Peterborough tomorrow, one of his former employers.
Jalal, 30, joined his new team-mates for training today and is looking forward to making his O’s debut.
He knows Marvin Bartley and Mathieu Baudry from their spells at the Cherries.
You may also want to watch:
Jalal said: “It’s nice to have some friendly faces in the training ground.
“I’m delighted to sign. I know there’s a really good set of players here so I’m delighted to come into the group.
- 1 Redbridge issued more than 2,800 Blue Badge fines in 2020, data shows
- 2 Sam Tarry MP urges Sadiq Khan to block Goodmayes Tesco development
- 3 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 4 Barkingside man charged with intending to supply cannabis
- 5 Charity urges council to tackle alleged Ilford Lane anti-social behaviour
- 6 Barking and Dagenham and Redbridge 'least active' boroughs in London, study finds
- 7 BHRUT doctors taking on triathlon in memory of colleague’s daughter
- 8 King George Hospital gets new ultrasound rooms and upgraded machines
- 9 Protestors decry 'privatisation' of NHS outside Loxford Practice
- 10 Former Homebase development plans approved
“My goals are to come in, play some games and fit into the team.
“I can’t wait for tomorrow with Peterborough being one of my former employers. I was there for a year-and-a-half, it’s a big game to come in and I’m really looking forward to it.”
He will the number 24 shirt during his time at Brisbane Road.
Jalal, who has made 171 appearances for Bournemouth but is yet to play this season, is set to become the third different Orient goalkeeper in three matches.
Eldin Jakupovic played against Coventry before being recalled by Hull City and Alnwick made his second debut for the club against Rotherham last weekend.