Orient’s Vincelot out of Preston clash
- Credit: EMPICS Sport
Key Orient midfielder Romain Vincelot will miss tomorrow’s clash with Preston after the FA decided he got booked deliberately to trigger a suspension.
The Frenchman has been handed a one game suspension and £1,500 fine after English football’s governing body decided he got his fifth yellow card of the season against Southport in the FA Cup on Saturday on purpose.
It caused him to miss Tuesday’s Johnstone’s Paint Trophy defeat at Stevenage rather than a League One fixture, but he will now be unavailable for selection tomorrow.
English football’s governing body says it was an “attempt to undermine the disciplinary process.”
Orient, who are two points clear at the top of the table, will not contest the decision and will be without the 28-year-old for the clash at Brisbane Road.
You may also want to watch:
Tomorrow’s opponents Preston are 11 points behind the O’s in fourth place.
- 1 Girl, 16, allegedly raped in Ilford park
- 2 Woodford Green bomb scare declared false alarm
- 3 Travelling in and out of Redbridge? Your guide to road and rail works
- 4 Upcycle and recycle market coming to former Goodmayes Homebase site
- 5 Ambulance stations to close and be replaced by single centre, LAS reveals
- 6 Lorry driver cleared over elderly couple's crash deaths, inquest hears
- 7 Clouds, rain and sunny intervals: East London weather forecast this week
- 8 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 9 Newbury Park supermarket security staff step in to help man in crisis
- 10 Doctor struck off after working underqualified for locum shifts