Orient’s Slade and Cuthbert nominated for January awards
- Credit: Archant
Orient manager Russell Slade and defender Scott Cuthbert have been nominated for League One’s January awards.
Slade is one of four bosses up for the manager of the month prize after masterminding four wins in four league games last month to keep the O’s promotion challenge on track.
He is up against Brentford boss Mark Warbuton, Walsall’s former Orient defender Dean Smith and Mark Dunne of Colchester.
Orient beat Shrewsbury, Carlisle, Crewe and Coventry, conceding only one goal in the process.
Scottish defender Cuthbert was a key figure in the team’s solid backline - and the 26-year-old also popped up with two headed goals in those first two games.
You may also want to watch:
He will face competition from Peterborough Nicky Ajose - who Cuthbert will have the task of stopping when the two teams meet on Saturday - Brentford forward Marcello Trotta and defender James Tavernier, on loan at Rotherham from Newcastle.
The award winners will be announced on Friday morning.
- 1 Medical student who helped injured biker calls for more first aid training
- 2 Primary schools in Redbridge rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 3 Police appeal to find girl, 12, last seen in Wanstead Park
- 4 Panel finds ex-police officer would have been sacked for neighbour comments
- 5 Seven Kings man charged in connection with alleged sex assault on boy
- 6 Woman and children treated for smoke inhalation after Ilford flat fire
- 7 Update: Man charged in connection with alleged sex assault
- 8 Ilford mother 'could have been saved' and NHS 'failed' her, family tells inquest
- 9 Letter: High-density housing plans in Redbridge
- 10 Primary school creates memorial garden for pupils to remember loved ones