Orient’s Elliot Omozusi nominated for Football League Award
- Credit: Archant
Orient defender Elliot Omozusi has been nominated for a Football League Award.
The 25-year-old is one of three players up for the PFA Player in the Community Award.
He is up against Sheffield Wednesday defender Reda Johnson and MK Dons goalkeeper David Martin.
Omozusi was nominated by the O’s for his sterling work with the Leyton Orient Community Sports Programme since rejoining the club in January.
He was sacked by Orient after his conviction for intimidating a witness in a murder trial, but after his release from prison, he was given another chance by the club.
You may also want to watch:
It is one Omozusi has taken, who admitted in an interview last month: “I count myself very lucky and I’m grateful the club took me back.
“Not everyone gets a second chance. When I talk to the kids they really seem to be inspired and relate to some of my experiences.
- 1 South Woodford curry house named best in the nation
- 2 ‘Game-changing’ kebab chain to open Barkingside branch
- 3 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 4 More strike action planned in Newbury Park school dispute
- 5 Where to go for Italian food in Redbridge, according to TripAdvisor
- 6 'Like prisoners in our home': Parents of attacked 13-year-old speak out
- 7 'Important' business park to be exempt from new planning rules
- 8 EV charging hub launched in South Woodford as ULEZ expands
- 9 Ex-council staff who was sacked after bailiffs turned up at his work loses unfair dismissal claim
- 10 Thirteen-year-old boy attacked in Ilford
“It’s very uplifting.”
The winners will be named on Sunday, March 16 at an awards ceremony at The Brewery in London.