Orient loan experienced Hull goalkeeper Eldin Jakupovic
- Credit: EMPICS Sport
Orient have signed goalkeeper Eldin Jakupovic on loan from Hull City.
The Tigers’ third choice stopper will stay at Brisbane Road until February 8.
A long-term back injury to the O’s first choice goalkeeper Jamie Jones, which is likely to keep him out for most of the rest of the season, forced manager Russell Slade into the transfer market.
Youngster Jake Larkins, who has played a handful of games for the club, is the only fit senior goalkeeper available.
Jakupovic, 29, has been capped once by Switzerland at international level - being included in their squad for Euro 2008 - and has played in the top flights in Greece, Russia and Switzerland.
You may also want to watch:
He played for Hull against Orient in both of the FA Cup third round ties last season and was on the bench when the clubs met in the Capital One Cup earlier this term.
Jakupovic, who has joint nationality with Bosnia and Herzegovina, will wear the number 31 shirt during his time at the Brisbane Road.
- 1 Thirteen-year-old boy stabbed in Ilford
- 2 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff
- 3 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 4 Vulnerable woman dies burning charcoal for warmth after gas and electricity are cut off
- 5 Co-living development green-lit by council despite 'rabbit hutch' rooms
- 6 Young Citizen nominee: Esha, 4, who inspired thousands to join bone marrow donor list
- 7 Seven Kings School celebrates 90th birthday with fair
- 8 16-year-old arrested after woman reports sexual assault in South Woodford
- 9 Met Office warns of flooding risk with heavy rain set to hit London
- 10 Hainault community garden gets £85k for 'ecotherapy' scheme
He is available to make his debut against Shrewsbury Town tonight.