Orient loan experienced Hull goalkeeper Eldin Jakupovic
- Credit: EMPICS Sport
Orient have signed goalkeeper Eldin Jakupovic on loan from Hull City.
The Tigers’ third choice stopper will stay at Brisbane Road until February 8.
A long-term back injury to the O’s first choice goalkeeper Jamie Jones, which is likely to keep him out for most of the rest of the season, forced manager Russell Slade into the transfer market.
Youngster Jake Larkins, who has played a handful of games for the club, is the only fit senior goalkeeper available.
Jakupovic, 29, has been capped once by Switzerland at international level - being included in their squad for Euro 2008 - and has played in the top flights in Greece, Russia and Switzerland.
You may also want to watch:
He played for Hull against Orient in both of the FA Cup third round ties last season and was on the bench when the clubs met in the Capital One Cup earlier this term.
Jakupovic, who has joint nationality with Bosnia and Herzegovina, will wear the number 31 shirt during his time at the Brisbane Road.
- 1 Girl, 16, allegedly raped in Ilford park
- 2 Travelling in and out of Redbridge? Your guide to road and rail works
- 3 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 4 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 5 Newbury Park supermarket security staff step in to help man in crisis
- 6 Doctor struck off after working underqualified for locum shifts
- 7 Businesses find cannabis growing in their flower pots
- 8 Woodford Green bomb scare declared false alarm
- 9 Ambulance stations to close and be replaced by single centre, LAS reveals
- 10 Council dishes out £7k of fines in fly-tipping crackdown
He is available to make his debut against Shrewsbury Town tonight.